Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart takes blame for loss to Alabama, 'back to the drawing board'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart takes blame for loss to Alabama, 'back to the drawing board'

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart took the blame for loss to Alabama, says Bulldogs control what's ahead of them by how they play

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What's stopping us is us.We have work to do.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

50-50 balls...translation for secondary getting burned. He said the same after Tennessee. Try not falling down or looking for the ball and you might have better luck. And please don't blame the refs.

• Options
    RighteousRighteous Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

We'll beat them in December, we made a lot of mistakes and they got help from the refs. We also have to figure out how to get the ball to Jackson and Pickens in space and throw more to the 6'7 freshman TE. I think we abandoned the run in the second half.

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's time to try JT out Bennett was a nice story but thats it.too **** short for the big games

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Every weakness was exposed last night! Alabama had 564 yards of offense. I never thought that would happen against our defense. We couldn't put pressure on their QB. As a result, our DB's were burned time after time. Najee Harris is a beast! We just couldn't stop him. On offense, I thought our line did a very good job, as did our RB's. But the QB play was dreadful. Too many mistakes and batted balls. Our special teams looked great, too. We have two weeks off and we need to let Daniels and Beck practice with the first team in preparation for the Kentucky game. The Bennett experiment should end now!!

• Options
    flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with you but it is obvious Saban is going to get every call due to his stature. Even COVID was overruled in record time with Saban. Their defender shoves Kearis with 2 hands as the ball is getting to him not even a sniff of a flag. Stokes watches the ball but guess too close to their guy in the end-zone and flags everywhere. That was a great stop but ended up 7. Momentum killers. They review Burton's obvious catch because Saban gets mad hoping they will be able to overrule it.

• Options
    sprouse27sprouse27 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Back to the drawing board. In 2017 it took OT, in 2018 it took final minutes, yesterday it took 2nd half. We don't seem to be closing on Alabama, the gap seems to be getting worse. Bennett a great story, but come on, he's too short. He doesn't see the field well, misses open receivers and throws into coverage, throws a generally accurate flat ball, that opposing line routinely bat down. I like him, but he's not the right guy.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

the run was working! When you look at things in perspective, Gary Danielson’s favorite team gave up 24 points to a team led by a walk on qb. The wide outs at Bama are too good to stop, the way we stop them is grind out long run focused drives, with play action sprinkled in. Mac Jones is great at the deep ball but that’s mostly because he’s throwing to two pro bowl receivers. The game plan has to change against Bama! Also, for the love of Pete move Stetson out of the pocket, had too many batted balls. Hopefully this game serves us as motivation as the auburn game did in 2017.

Go dawgs

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We didn't lose because of the refs, by and large most of their calls were correct, our guys were hanging on to them out of desperation. The call in the end zone was bogus though, that pretty much led to Bama putting the game away. There were a couple of no calls that could have gone our way, but don't believe they were real game changers.

We lost because they have a better QB and truly elite receivers. It good that Kirby takes responsibility. There's a guy down in Florida who blames everyone but himself when things don't go his way. We need to focus on winning the rest so we get a shot down the road at redemption.

• Options
    IowadawgfanIowadawgfan Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

broken record ,, weve heard this for three alabama games now ,, until kirby is willing are capable to bench your starting qb for a freshmen nobody has ever heard of , or completely throw out the script from your coordinators and start over in the 2nd half like another championship coach on the other sideline , were always gonna be looking up and playing for 2nd

• Options
    JunkyardDawgs78JunkyardDawgs78 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

That drawing board must be wore out by now with all the times he has to go back to it. Only problem is that nothing changes we still lose the meaningful games. Hard to live in the state of Georgia none of our major teams win championships. College or professional. Oh I'm sorry the Atlanta united soccer team won the national championship but it's soccer in the south. We live for football. Hang up the ga hat till next year so I can get my hopes up and destroyed again just like every other year. At least I'm not a Tech fan. That's only upside I see.

• Options
    msj917msj917 Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

Has anyone said anything about the 3 and 22 that went to 3 and 19 after Bama gained 3 yards?