Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football: What Alabama and Nick Saban said after the 17-point win

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football: What Alabama and Nick Saban said after the 17-point win

The Georgia football team fell one again to Alabama on Saturday. What did Nick Saban and his team have to say about another big win against a 'very good' Georgia team.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah, Jeff, I’ve actually stopped paying much attention to recruiting, simply because this staff seems to take huge recruiting wins and turns them into good, but not great, football players. Watching the Bama o-line stop all those 5 stars from getting to Mac Jones, and then those wideouts make that 5 star filled secondary look bad, I figure what’s the point of getting all worked up about the next 5 star?

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2020

We all knew that Saban wouldn't allow or let his defense have another Ole Miss game against the Dawgs. That's the kind of coach and program he has that is enviable. He develops players better than anyone other than maybe Dabo and can get the best out of everyone. Remember, Mac Jones was an inexperienced QB not very long ago. Bama is just a level above the Dawgs, and I'm not sure why we can't get there despite continually trying but offering just excuses every time we lose to Bama. I'm really tired of hearing we just need to get better. Duh.

I know stats are for losers, but I do find these worthwhile and says a lot about our finish yesterday:

3rd down efficiency:

Dawgs: 7-16 (43%)

Bama: 6-11 (54%)

Dawgs got themselves in 3rd down much more often than Bama and didn't convert on first and second down near enough. Dawgs ran 70 plays and Bama ran 76. Little difference.

And another tidbit...

The Bulldogs entered having allowed 236 yards a game. The Crimson Tide had 564. Steve Sarkisian’s unit rolled up a whopping 33 first downs on 76 plays—basically, a rate of a first down every other play. His quarterback, Mac Jones, IN HIS SEVENTH START, now has the same amount of 400-yard passing games as Tua Tagovailoa had in his career (three).

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great Defenses no longer "win championships," great offenses do, at least at the college level!

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Recruit playmakers on offense, like we do on defense, and get out of the way and let them play. We need a playmaker at qb, the one we had led his team to the playoffs in his first year.