Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Questions about Georgia quarterback JT Daniels expected, injury updates after Alabama

2»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Doug Flutie was a short sun-of-a-gun. Maybe even shorter than Bennet. It can happen ,but its rare.

More troubling to me than the tipped passes was Bennet's inability to find the wide wide open receiver. Even at game speed I saw 2-3 times he had receivers wandering down the field with no one within 15 yards and he threw it to the guy with 2-3 defenders on him. I feel sure that if I watched the replay of the game and slowed down the motion there would be more. I know that it happens to all QB's occasionally. It just can't happen repeatedly against BAMA and expect a win.

The other troubling thing is Bennet needs to move more laterally within the pocket to create a clearer throwing lane. A step or two one way or the other would make it where he wasn't grazing the tops of his lineman's helmet with his passes. That is just an interception waiting to happen. Jake did it in that NC game against BAMA. It swung the momentum to BAMA.

• Options
    agent88agent88 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

UGA desperately needs to play a different quarterback!!! The fact is that Daniels, Beck and Mathis are all more capable quarterbacks! The Dawgs will always be second tier to Bama, Clemson and Ohio State if Kirby Smart doesn't learn to play the best / most capable quarterback. We need a difference maker at QB, not a game manager!!! I'm afraid that we are going to lose these QB's just like we lost Justin Fields and Jacob Eason. Kirby likes to play a game manager, but to be elite we need a game changer at QB. Stetson had 3 interceptions, 5 tipped passes and missed several receivers that were open. That's terrible!!! Why aren't these other QB's getting reps? I realize that these guys may not have the experience, but the upside is that we will be building something that can win a championship! Every year the difference maker between UGA and the champion is the Quarterback.... Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence, Tua Tagovailoa. We have a walk on!!! When is Kirby going to wise up? It's bad when former UGA players all picked Bama to win the game last week. They all said that the difference would be the offense and primarily the Quarterback play. Wake up Kirby!!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do not understand Kirby.....just lets the Bama score pile up while little Stets thinks he is in a high school gig and looks like he is. There is a reason he backed-up Fromm and was not the starter. We finally see that reason after this lambasting... also....good grief..41 pts against the supposed best defense in SEC?? Again...hype. UGA is far from being a NC contender...I am worried about KY now? They saw the unspectacular play of Stets and WRs!!! KY is no, really. slouch. They have come a long way. I should not have to be concerned about this, really. Some of you posters have UGA auto in as SEC East champ and meeting Bama again. Kidding me?? With Bennett the former "mailman" in charge....you better worry and a lot. FL too will give UGA all it can handle. I do not see an improved UGA team...coaching!? Look at last year against LSU? Baylor?...UGA improved but where is Matt Luke now? Monken? Left Bennett in??? Bama defense plowed through our OL after hapless Bennett. Kirby is just not an offense type coach..now wondering if he is a defensive one? In last top two recruiting classes and this is the product. Done ranting.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Without an elite QB and WRs...Dawgs will never sniff a Natty. It’s that simple...no need to over-analyze my friends.