Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jermaine Burton performance against Alabama serves as perfect metaphor for Georgia football offense

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageJermaine Burton performance against Alabama serves as perfect metaphor for Georgia football offense

Jermaine Burton's performance against Alabama was his most productive game to date. The freshman wide receiver had a career-high four catches. He caught his first career touchdown. He got behind the defense as well to haul in a 36-yard pass, giving the Georgia offense an explosive play. But it was also probably a

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good for Jermaine to get his first TD catch against Bama. My issue was with Bennett targeting him so much. It probably took 10 targets to get those 4 receptions. Meanwhile our TE's only got 2 catches. Often times Bennett looked like he was forcing it into coverage to try and hit Burton, including the one that bounced off his hands for an interception. We have got to find a taller QB who can see the field better.

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

I agree about Jermaine -- he deserves the kudos. I don't think Bennett's problem is height, but rather that he gets locked onto a particular receiver based on a presnap read and fails to look for the drag routes underneath or the outlet passes in the flat to his checkdown receivers. On the INT that glanced off Burton's hands, McKitty dragged across the formation about 5 yards from the line of scrimmage and had plenty of room to at least get 7-8 yards if not a first down.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Someone tell the refs that holding on the DB's and pass interference can also be called on Alabama as well. Those guys rode our wideouts with no fear! But when we meet in Atlanta expect a different ball game remember Auburn 2017?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Note...Stets hit Burton short and from behind slowing him, then again not in stride or would have been more yardage.....which UGA had a lack of. This is the Bennett shortcoming. Yes, he hit Burton once for a quick TD and for that 36-yarder, but he cannot seem to cover the field on the bombs. That is where the bigger more physical QBs like Mathis, Beck and JT Daniels could help out. These guys can be game changers under Monken....but CKS seems to have his reasons for leaving Stets in. Is Monken in agreement?

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The ball did hit off Burton's hands on that interception, but it would have been a miraculous catch for him to make. The ball was forced in there and the DB was all over him all the way through the play. Bennett should have thrown to someone else, run it himself for a couple of yards or just thrown the ball away. We could have tried for the 42-yard field goal (not automatic, as we would see later, but makeable) to try and tie the game. But live and learn. Also, I don't take it as written that we will automatically be in the SECCG. I still think both Kentucky (because they're home) and Florida (because it's Florida) could give us trouble. And even Mizzou, if they are hitting on all cylinders, may not be a cake walk. It's 2020, remember? Anything can happen.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Without an elite QB and WRs...Dawgs will never sniff a Natty. It’s that simple...no need to over-analyze my friends.