Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Schedule change ends up benefitting Georgia football after Alabama loss

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageSchedule change ends up benefitting Georgia football after Alabama loss

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. The 4 reasons why off week comes at perfect time for Georgia football Georgia was supposed to be preparing for

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't understand the comments worrying about JT's knee. The whole point of the doctors is to ensure that there is no decision needed by the coach. It's not like you'd expect him to be a super fast runner: that's not his strong suit. He was pretty much ready to go then.

This is more of whether Smart is willing to give JT a legitimate shot in a game scenario.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2020

Being medically cleared and being ready are two different things. Look at Chubb in 2016 vs. 2017, as one example.

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Maybe Monken sees Bennett as having more mobility and therefore an upside?

Bottom line is that we are going to have to be able to win shootout-style games against good teams. Elite defense alone isn’t going to do it. Keen insight to the obvious, I know, but These 2 weeks off need to be the time that we figure it out.

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thankfully, this column does not make the argument that I find least persuasive, that being that Kirby and the other coaches see every practice so they clearly know who is and isn't the best option at starting QB.

If that were the case, Stetson Bennett would have started at Arkansas.

I trust the coaching staff. I support Bennett and will forever support my beloved Bulldogs.

But yeah, a 6'4" QB with a strong arm sounds appealing right about now.

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

I agree completely. The scuttlebutt rumor is that Daniels is not mentally over the injury, regardless of what the MRI's and X-Rays indicate.

If this is the case, I hope he overcomes it quickly. And that he is reminded why he is on scholarship.

• KBPKBP Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Connor, Kentucky is much improved under Stoops without a doubt but they not a threat to us yet. As you stated, they don't have enough passing game which has been true for them all of Stoop's tenure. They'll lose by at least 17.

How can Mathis go from being the starter coming out of camp and having a bad half against an underrated Arkansas team to not being a factor at all in the next three games? If Smart is going to judge his QB's that harshly, then Bennett should not start against Kentucky. I love the kid but he's limited. Was the problem attempting 40 passes or only completing 18? I choose the latter. Not that this matters to anyone other than me, I am starting to question Smart's ability to evaluate QB's. I didn't question the decision from Eason to Fromm as the results spoke loudly and I didn't question Fromm over Fields initially. I never saw Fields play in HS and mop up duty behind Fromm didn't tell me much other than he's talented. Then I saw the first 4 games he played at OSU and I was left wondering what did Smart see in practice that says Fromm is the man to lead us to a NC and not Fields. If Daniels doesn't get a chance or Mathis doesn't get another chance this year with this defense, we're probably wasting our best chance since 2017 for a NC.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Some of the rumors that I have heard about JT is that even though he has been cleared medically. his knee is still so swollen that he has limited mobility in it. What I would like to know, what is happening with Beck? He is well over 6 feet, and has mobility, and owns a rocket arm as a passer. It seems Smart has no confidence in Mathis after his first half performance against Arkansas, which was bad, but he is 6' 6" and wouldn't get balls batted down at the rate of 5 per game.

• KBPKBP Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@tommielee

My guess is that having no spring ball hurt Beck.