Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football podcast: ESPN gives Kirby Smart advice about QB situation

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: ESPN gives Kirby Smart advice about QB situation

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2020

Never heard of the guy, yet he's a better HC than the coach with him everyday at practice. Stick to covering sports as you're paid to do.. Not weak attempts on how to coach a football team.

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, and Kirby Smart are the only ones who can’t see the need for a change at QB.

• Options
    SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I totally agree and I am glad to know that I am not the only one out here who feels this way! Good Lord - Thanks for that! Yes I played the game, but not at this level, but I was blessed with some of the best coaches, EVER --T.S. McFerrin in High School, Jimmy Hightower and Erk Russell in College, these men made decisions that made us Champions and who we were and honestly who we are today. Its football and it takes more than a myopic view from 4 games.

Let the coaches COACH and even though I am a arm chair, Monday morning quarterback, I also know when to shut up and have faith!!

Lots of work to do, but I believe this year will be like 2018, but without the 3 and 23.

• Options

You had a great coach in T.S Mcferrin! I remember him coaching Peachtree High School when I was a member of the Cedar Shoals football team many years ago. Mcferrin was a winner everywhere he coached. Jefferson, Elbert Co., South Gwinnett, Peachtree..

• Options

And if I'm not mistaken, another great High School Coach was at Lakeside while Mcferrin was HC at Peachtree High School.. That coach was the legendary Wayman Creel

• Options
    SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep - I played for him for 3 years at Peachtree High, now a Junior High, but I digress

Oh I remember Cedar Shoals, we would have met in the playoffs of Griffin and Clarke Central didn't get to you guys first. Waymen Creel had a football camp in the Summer, actually at Henderson High, but he got me a look and helped me go to the Furman Camp, which was awesome. Met Lou Holts, Vince Dooley and then Coach Russell - wouldn't have a chance at Southern, if it wasn't for that camp.

Coach McFerrin had a HoF gathering almost 2 years ago & it was the same feeling walking into that room that I had when seeing him in school - Best Coach ever for me!!!

• Options
    edited October 2020

Back then South Gwinnett was a region doormat lol along with Berkmar. I'm sure you remember a RB from Lakeside named Melvin Dorsey, signed with UGA but ended up at Western Carolina I think. We played Lakeside in 78 or 79 for the region title with Dorsey as their RB. Game was played in slop, had rained several straight days, and the field was a mudhole. They beat us either 6-2 or 7-2 can't remember. They took an intentional safety late in the game instead of risking a fumble deep in their own territory. We shared a field with Clarke Central back then, before Cedar ever had a stadium. Death Valley as it's known was nothing more than a glorified cow pasture. An absolute awful football field back then.