Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: 2021 Georgia football recruiting season is kicking into overdrive

SystemSystem Posts: 10,445 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: 2021 Georgia football recruiting season is kicking into overdrive

After months of waiting and waiting, a lot of news over the last 24-48 has kicked the prime recruiting season for the 2021 Georgia football recruiting cycle into overdrive. Some of the program's biggest targets are now moving quickly toward their decisions.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It appears with the Lassiter commitment. the Dawgs seem to have more three star recruits on board than in previous years under Kirby. I assume that would indicate that ideally they would enroll early to begin their development ASAP. My concern is that we could have a record number of departures after this season and with COVID still raging the likelihood of spring ball is slim and none and Slim is saddled up and ready to leave town. With no early player workouts and no spring ball looming, this is not a good recruiting cycle to be so dependent on recruits that need advanced development in order to travel on Saturdays next fall, much less be ready to step in and take meaningful snaps. I don’t know if not being able to host recruits on campus has hurt any program more than the Dawgs!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2020

We've only got one more 3 star than Bama, only two more than Ohio State. I dunno, maybe I'm just being a homer, but think at least a couple of our 3 star guys (Meeks and Lassiter) are underrated when you look at their measurables and playmaking ability. Also, I may be mistaken but think they were never really all that active in the camp circuit, which could explain why they're not more highly rated.

But overall I do agree that the inability to host recruits has seemed to hit UGA particularly hard.