Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football podcast: Nick Saban's blunt assessment of UGA-Alabama is undeniably true

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: Nick Saban's blunt assessment of UGA-Alabama is undeniably true

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Brandon, you said you watched the Auburn replay from several angles? And you still don’t think it was a bad no-call?

The Auburn player clearly touched it, there is no debate. It’s not a matter of opinion.

And if you don’t want too many reviews slowing down the game, the ship sailed on that several years ago. They stop the game to review EVERY OTHER PLAY it seems.

Your point about “unwritten rules” is not convincing. The SEC needs to either enforce the rule as written, or change it.

Your take on the Auburn game is not a good one.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The true illustration of Saban's brilliance (which I do NOT like, by the way, but acknowledge) is that he's the "old guy" in this discussion and Kirby's the cool younger dude who can relate to kids. True in recruiting. But check it out - as usual, it's Saban changing course, approach, philosophy, on the spot - because it's the right call. The wanna-be pups (including not only Kirby but non-Dawg assistants) keep trying to emulate "The Coach" but don't realize he's not "emulating" anybody. Rather, he's working, creating, and adapting. Which means the acolytes are always a step behind. How about we quit falling into the trap of "next Saban" and trust ourselves.... You think Bill Belichick is trying to become the "next Bill Parcells?" Yeah, dumb question, but you see what I mean.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

LSU showed us last year that offense is what now wins championships. UGA knowns it as well as anyone but Fields left, Fromm left, and Newman quit on us. UGA needs top quarterbacks, but UGA also needs top quarterbacks with SEC game experience AND experienced backup top quarterbacks. Plenty of Bama fans have pointed out that UGS is where Bama was a few years back - world class defense with a game-manager QB. I think the million dollar question now (for all teams, especially with easy player transfers) is how do you keep two or more top QB's on the same team. (I suspect it's easier when you're consistently playing for national championships.)

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2020

I think you hit the nail on the head in those last two sentences.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

i want to believe Kirby knows something we all don’t and he wants to keep other teams guessing. But I don’t know if that’s so anymore. I fear we have a great recruiter who happens to be a head coach who has an offensive philosophy from the 80’s. That might win a championship in 1985 but not 2020. Really makes me sad for UGA.