Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football Injury update: Kirby Smart shares details on Kenny McIntosh, Monty Rice

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football Injury update: Kirby Smart shares details on Kenny McIntosh, Monty Rice

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart provided injury updates on tailback Kenny McIntosh, linebacker Monty Rice and receiver Matt Landers

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So Bennett beats KY...so what? How about FL? FL will not be a push over. Then maybe meet Bama again....what then? Saban has no fear of the Dawgs at all under Bennett or Smart. You want to play defense then lose...he says. He backed it up with his actions not just words...that and inept play by Bennett. He tries but he is no Fields, or Lawrence. So, I see it, as CKS settling again for the SEC East...not a bad resume' builder, yes, but no SECCG. Lord help us if we lose solid commit Brock Vandagriff because of Bennett! Another Fromm- Fields scenario. Hopefully Brock, if he stays committed, can beat out Bennett....Kirby's darling it appears. Matjhis and Beck will hit the transfer portal. Yeah, I am a bit testy.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate to say this, but I just don't trust Kirby on injuries anymore. I just adopt the "wait-and-see" approach on anyone except someone who is classified as "out." Every time Kirby says someone has a "minor" injury or just a "tweak" of something, they wind up missing multiple games. I honestly don't believe McIntosh will play Saturday, although I do believe he will dress and probably make the bus. That freshman wide receiver, Arian Smith, doubt we'll see him either, though he's supposed to be such a weapon because of his speed. I don't care if Matt Landers plays or not. I don't think he'll add much either way. And DJ Daniel sounds more "questionable" than "probable." And why is that when UGA players get a concussion, they miss weeks, if not the entire season, but other teams, guys miss like one week and they're right back on the field? It's always struck me as odd that Georgia players, in general, take longer to recover from injuries than players on other teams with the same (or even more severe) injuries. Remember how Tua miraculously covered from that high ankle sprain in like 2 weeks? And even in our most recent game against Bama, remember their tight end got his knee all rolled up on the first play of the game, the interception, and they had to haul him off. From the looks of it, I thought kid was done for the season, but 10 minutes later, he comes sprinting out of the locker room and winds up having a great game.

And hold on to your hat, but I FULLY expect Waddle to somehow make a miraculous recovery just in time for the playoffs or NC gamei the Tide makes it that far. I am not knocking Ron Courson. I know he does a great job. Maybe the fact is that he's so good at his job is why our players sit longer -- he refuses to compromise on a kid's health. I certainly hope that's the case.

In any event, for whatever reason he's doing it, Kirby himself is often misleading when it comes to injuries. Maybe that's to gain some sort of competitive advantage. If so, I don't think it works. As he often says, there are no surprises in this league. I will say that I think if Monty Rice is even slightly injured, that we should hold him out of this game to give him two full weeks to get well ahead of the Florida game. We can beat UK without Rice (and McIntosh, too, for that matter), but we're going to need all hands on deck for Florida. Go Dawgs

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Doesn't sound real good for these injured players to get any playing time on Sat afternoon. Looks like the bye week has not done much to improve players health... Fact is Kirby always paints a doom and gloom cloud over injuries to our Dawgs and typically they end up not playing based on his comments in the past and particularly concerning Saturday's game included!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby's right. Landers has lingering effects. Drops everything thrown his way. Landers couldn't catch COVID in Wuhan.