Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: Resetting Expectations for Stetson Bennett, Georgia passing offense against Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Resetting Expectations for Stetson Bennett, Georgia passing offense against Kentucky

Nobody needs a bounceback game against Alabama more than Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett IV. Against Alabama, Bennett had the worst game of his career, tossing three interceptions in the loss. To make things worse, Georgia was shutout in the second half, and in the time sense Bennett, Kirby Smart and the Georgia

Read the full story here

Comments

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2020

Why should the fans "reset" their expectations on the offense? Is it wrong to want a team that can score 45 points a game? Because obviously 27 points are not enough, says teams like Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State.

I just sense we are still in for playing like it's 1999. (Older fans will get it).

And being ok with 31 points against ky, is a joke. Going into half already with 31 points, just shows that the offense can't make adjustments. 3 points against auburn, 0 against alabama in the 2nd halfs, is just no adjustments. 3 runs and punt to eat 2:30 off the clock is not a way to win.

I don't want to say this, but, if GA had a middle of the road defense, they would be lucky to go 5-5. I almost wish that the defense wasn't as good, then maybe CKS would allow the team to score more points. If they could. Until CKS realizes that to win the NC, the offense MUST be able to score 45 or more points against anyone, GA will never be anything more than "an also ran" team.

I enjoy beating all the teams in the east, but is there anything wrong with wanting more?

As always GO DAWGS!!!!

BTW- I wrote this before listening to the video, but read the article. What I got out of it is "check down" = no risks, let's play defense. SMH.

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It would be great if one of the staff writers could keep a close watch on Bennett during games in the next few weeks and report on any development in his ability to work through progressions. That’s been a knock on him, although I’m not sure how big an issue it really is.

It would seem that he is who he is at this point, but perhaps it is still possible to get improvement out of him — again, if it is needed. I’d really like to see some coverage on it,

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Take an orange and squeeze it..great juice. Squeeze it again and still a good juicy flow, then again and again and less and less flow....Stetson Bennett. Smart is actually teaching this guy how to QB ? Use two hands, check down....he doesn't know a check down throw? What is going on in the QB room folks? JT Daniels and Mathis must be looking at each other with amazement. This is 101 stuff! Not 2.0. I am sure he will beat KY. No, he will. After that....? I am not against Stets..has some good moves and can throw well mid-level tosses. But what Kirby is saying is 101 QB stuff....maybe he is just refining it. We all need refining. It just does not sound like the UGA I have known and loved for lo these many decades. Well, we play the cards dealt.