Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

SEC Network broadcaster on Stetson Bennett: 'Georgia can win a national championship with him'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageSEC Network broadcaster on Stetson Bennett: 'Georgia can win a national championship with him'

Georgia football fans are invited to know your opponent each week with DawgNation and get a preview of UGA’s keys to victory each week with Know Your Opponent — presented by The Piedmont Bank. Host Brandon Adams examines the key storylines involving Coach Kirby Smart and the Georgia Bulldogs as they attempt to

Read the full story here

Comments

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Again, play to his strengths. Short to mid-range passes and QB runs. I think he can win but he is not now nor will he ever be a long ball passer. And the O-Line must prevent hands from going up.

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Stet also needs to be able to time his passing effectively. On some of his long throws, it it looks like he waits to make sure the receiver is breaking open before he throws. Then the receiver has to slow down to catch the ball. I can't tell if Stet doesn't have the range to lead the receiver or if accuracy is the issue. The coaches need to get him hitting receivers in stride on those throws if it is possible.

• MickeyRichMickeyRich Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tom Hart doesn’t know football if he thinks Stetson Bennett can win a natty. Did he not see Stetson’s second half Alabama performance... Why can Clemson bring in a 5 star for Trevor and we have walk-on as our starter. This is pathetic handling of our QB situation by Kirby.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Please. Just give JT a half. That's all I ask. It's worth the investment to allow him some gametime.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A previous walk-on throwing to several freshman receivers is not the recipe for a Natty run. Hart had to have been high during this interview.

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just a small request, if you don't mind: JT Daniels is fully cleared to play, which means he's 100% able to play. So please, stop buying into the Kirby excuse, by using terms like "previously injured."

Anybody know the top three QB's coming out of H.S. in the same year? Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, JT Daniels. And Daniels didn't just "enroll" early - he graduated a full year early (the kid's razor smart). And he lit up the Pac-12 before being injured in the first game of his second year, after throwing for over 200 yds. in the first half. IMO, Kirby needs to stop his "loyalty" campaign (and I, as much as anyone, appreciate all that Stetson has done and sacrificed for UGA over the past several years) and get bit of Saban in him. Daniels is in the "class" of the guys in the wings. Cut him loose!

Or, of course, maintain an excuse for losing another SEC and Natty to Alabama.

Spot on. Kirby is one stubborn SOB. Good in some cases. But his sensitivity to being questioned will not serve him well.

Can you imagine how many "clicks" he got after posting this? These guys are looking for attention, so the more controversial, the more clicks. But you're 100% right. Great coaches adapt. An example that many will not like: the Patriots (not this year, still working that out). One game they're throwing for 300+ yards, next game, all of a sudden, it's pound the ball. No. 1 / you take away your opponent's strength (like ALA blanketing George and Kearius) and No. 2/ You attack the defense's cracks (in our case, the inability to cover one-on-one, despite our bragging, and the inability to adjust coverages - supposedly Kirby's strength). Kirby's verbiage is just ****. "We want to dominate." Well, welcome to the NFL, where you have to actually coach. Or Alabama, which is also dominating. Duh.

Football looks like a big, bad, smash-mouth game. But it's as much chess as it is chest-to-chest.

I expect Kirby will, eventually, be a terrific coach. He's certainly a great recruiter (of players and coaches). But as far as building a dynasty, not until he loses the frat-boy jumping around and becomes a serious football coach.

Lombardi, Knoll, Bryant, Belichick, Shembechler, Hayes, Royal, Osborne, Shula, Saban, Paterno, Parseghian, yes even Spurrier. Maybe the first step is admitting he's not right about everything. But I doubt that's going to happen.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would like a better explanation to why JT isn’t playing other than his injury. If he was ranked third behind Lawrence and Fields, he has talent. As a donator, I think we deserve more explanations than what we get.