Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart clears up Georgia QB situation before Florida, selection of Stetson Bennett

Comments

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So, Dwan was better then Bennet in preseason until he was yanked from the game, now Bennet is better?

Monken has control but you pick the starting QB? Dang Kirby, you are starting to show your true colors now...Yes, you have made us better but this offense QB issue is your doing and you can't get out of your own way. WELP......here comes the Gators.....if they score 14 -21 points then i guess that's a wrap then huh?

• Papa_DawgPapa_Dawg Posts: 5 ✭✭ Sophomore

Mike, Why has there not been any discussion about Carson Beck? Is he still with the team? Is he injured? Does he just flat ****? Are you really getting info from Kirby, or just making things up as you go for a paycheck?

• IowadawgfanIowadawgfan Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

were screwed ladies and gents ,, nothing more to say ,, we will win a few games get beat by bama every year get all of dawgnation hopes and dreams up ,, wait hold on im repeating myself , pretty sure i said the same thing about another head coach years ago,, hence mark richt ..

• WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

If any of this is true about what was written from the press conference on the qb's then Mathis is gone and won't have to wait next year to play because this is a throw away season. We will be talking about another former UGA QB who has found a way to excel despite not being good enough to play for our Dawgs. This is very disturbing. Another poster stated and I agree that we will never get another 5* QB after Vandergriff as long as Kirby is HC. Dabo, Nick and Ryan Day will all use this as a recruiting tool to keep the best QB's from looking our way.This will be especially true when it comes to recruiting minority QB's. I hope not but reality is about to set in again...

There's no way you can tell me that JT is only good enough to play on the scout team.Who knows, maybe Kieby is having him runUF plays against our 1st team D which will help him run the offense against the UF defense. At least he will know what to look for with their defense since he practice using their offensive plays. It's wishful thinking on my part but as crazy as it sounds, so does CKS for stating Stetson is better than the other three QB's...

Go Dawgs!!!

• BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Monken has autonomy up to the pont of saying who is starting QB. What blows me away is he won't EVEN TRY another QB in the game. He would be a great Captian of the Sea as he would definately go down with the ship. I love everything he has done for us EXCEPT this QB/Offense thing., running of Fields was huge Yes he is an upgrade over Richt yes he will most likely win the SECE but that's where it stops. He's going get his chance with Brock next year let's see what he does. I'm really at a loss for words here.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shows just how useless practice is in evaluating QB's. They have tape from HS and or College. As much as KS has seen in practice of Stetson, they told the kid he didn't have a future as a starter at UGA.(Recently) They(the brain trust) thought Dwan looked the best in practice and he got the start at Arkansas. CKS is on record as saying that Justin Fields didn't show him that much in practice. Now he is perhaps the favorite for the Heisman. I'm talking about "PRACTICE," as Allen Iverson once said. No replacement for game situations and how one handles the adrenaline. I hope UGA pulls it off this week. But my head says we can't score enough to win.

Maybe after a loss. CKS will start getting a look at what he has at QB going into next season, instead of wasting this season and still not knowing because he didn't play anyone else. Let the cream rise to the top. Too many fans thinking Brock comes in here next spring and wipes the floor of who is here now. That is almost laughable, taking nothing away from the kid, unless of course 2-3 QB's transfer.

I concur sir! CKS always uses the line "we go with who gives us the best chance of winning" so you mean Fields just couldn't do that? I am laughing at the absurdity of his remarks. He can certainly ruin a good QB.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby didn't hesitate to bench Mathis in favor of Bennett.. But sticks with a QB who has played just as bad and worse at times than Mathis did in a limited number of snaps 🤔

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SHHHHHHHHH! Kirby knows something we don't. All is well. You'll see Saturday.

• tglenn93tglenn93 Posts: 25 ✭✭ Sophomore

Translation:“QB doesn’t really matter. We are going to continue running the ball and attempt to play good defense. Same ole same ole...!

• Texas_DawgTexas_Dawg Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

I thought I was the only one who noticed this as well. How can JT Daniels be listed as the back up for a game but can't come in to play? So if he can't play then why does he even dress out?

Your right! Kirby doesn't even mention Beck when it comes to the QB competition! Well, I do know this..... there is a 5-star QB coming in next year so I figure someone will be getting ready to leave....

Makes you wonder just what they were telling Fields! The dude couldn't even get on the field even after he was the one to lead us to the lone TD against LSU in the 2nd half of that game only to be buried on the bench for the rest of that loss instead of giving him a shot to finish the game with a win! So he leaves UGA and goes on to star at another School and is one pass away from taking that team in his "1st" year to the chip! think about that