Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Injuries weren’t the only reason Dawgs came up short in another big game

2»

Comments

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Clearly, there's an "issue" with JT Daniels. Is he not great in practice (which Kirby is suggesting)? How could he be worse than what we've been putting on the field? Is he in the "Dawg" house for some reason? Hey, we fans won't settle this and KS isn't talking, as usual. It was only H.S., understood, but on a National Championship team (Mater Dei), he threw for over 12,000 yds., 152 TDs, 14 INTs. Only played through his junior year - 52/4 TD/INT and a QBR of 144.0, before leaving for USC (a year early). Ranked #1 at MaxPreps. Played in a Todd Monken type system in both H.S. and at USC. Has he suddenly lost the ability to play the game? Why did UGA recruit him to transfer in the first place? Had they not seen him play, watched tape, met with the kid, talked with coaches? Last comment from me on the subject; it's pointless. Maybe KS will play him and he'll stink it up but the odor's not so great at the moment so maybe grab some Fabreze and try something else?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Another shot of truth serum from Bill King. He and I think alike on this one. Bill: "However, that still will mean the Dawgs will wind up in one of those bowls Bulldog Nation grew so bored with during the latter years of the Mark Richt era.

"And, that’s not what Georgia had in mind when it hired Smart."

I give Smart two years tops....yeah, you more sober-minded posters will disagree, but wait for it before you jump. We do not want another Richt...Mr. Bridesmaid. That is where we are headed...Pudding Bowl after Pudding Bowl. Some say "we are fine." No, UGA is not fine. They proved it Saturday.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Our WR are better than last year, but we are far from elite. WR is still an issue for us to be at a Natty level. I watched Liberty play Saturday and they have a better QB and WRs than we do. How does that happen? Kirby has taken his eye off the ball with the O and over invested in the D.

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Richt essentially had no chance while at UGA during his latter years. We were getting lapped many times over with our sub-par facilities, coaching salaries, program support in comparison to the top eschelon programs in the SEC and around the country. It was nearly impossible to recruit at the elite level. Imagine if Kirby had to work under the same circumstances and had the same type of rosters? I had no problem with a change in coaches in 2015, but with a program like UGA, you would think the university would have taken a hard look at other candidates too.

• Options
    atadawgatadawg Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow, I thought Bill King retired or something.

Just saying....

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thank you Bill as always for your cathartic posts. I must say I struggle to believe that Daniels is a worse bet on the field than Mathis. I'm not just talking about the inaccurate throws to wide open receivers, or the sloppy ball handling, but some of his decisions just go against the grain and make him seem aloof...like not throwing the ball away on 2nd and 8 with 4:30 left to go when he was forced to run out of bounds. Sure the clock stops briefly when running out, but then it winds up immediately, and over half a minute was lost as a result of him not throwing it away. And then on another play, he runs straight (and I mean straight) into a 240 lb linebacker (James Houston) and gets his clock cleaned. I just have a hard time believing Daniels is not capable of being better than Mathis (and perhaps Bennett as well), not only with mechanics and completing passes, but also with game management skills. I have to wonder if some of the chatter I'm hearing about the legalities of playing are true concerning Daniels.

• Options
    AceDawgAceDawg Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

I expect the defense to recover with injured personnel returning and some introspection in the offseason. The offense is a QB away from throwing for 300-400 yards a game. Alas, JTD must be a myth, OR the coaches are making a historically bad choice.

As is, Beck should be trotted out there since JTD is apparently not an option. It would feel good as a UGA fan to even watch him play regardless of whether he did well or horribly. We'd either have an uplift or would have more closure on the choice of QBs seeing the field so far if he doesn't do well.

For now, a healthy Bennett does look superior to Mathis.