Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Gator troubles - 10 players now suspended for UF

Comments

• SavannahDawg1SavannahDawg1 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My personal favorite was
    "I feel like I've been groped on the public bus by an old homeless man" :D

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:
    This would NEVER happen under Urban Meyer!

Discharge a fire arm into a vehicle, repeatedly violate coeds, rampant drug use, maybe... but never prepaid credit card fraud...

I'm soooo sorry for these tools...

UF No charges, FSU no charges; for everything else........

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SavannahDawg1 said:
    My personal favorite was
    "I feel like I've been groped on the public bus by an old homeless man" :D

"I'm about to leave work and go cry at the bar."

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Spy pic from the Gators practice.

edited August 2017

Full Disclosure. That last post was from the MGOBLOG site. I normally would not pilfer from others but it and many others are just too fun not to share. Use Caution if you visit the Michigander's site it can be quite salty.

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SavageDawg17 said:

@cf_ugaman said:
    link? I see that 8 are suspended but not 10?

Thank you sir

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

CMR has lost control over UF

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RedDawg Gurley was suspended because the roof on his Mom's house was leaking and signing a bunch of autographs for a shady sports memorabilia dealer was the only way he had to raise the $4K needed to replace it.

Everybody's gonna look at it differently. And yeah if they could have, I'd have rather them taken out a loan to replace the roof. But I don't really have a problem with what Gurley did.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have to believe that UF is concerned with NCAA implications as these players are all suspended from all team activities not just the game. A few years ago UNC had similar numbers of suspensions (not similar offence) and most went the whole season without in most cases any decision being reached as to whether rules were violated. If there is a NCAA part to this story don't expect any decision any time soon. It may be UF compliance not McElwain holding them out.

If there was ever an opportunity to try and flip a Gator commit from the 18 or19 class, now would be the time. If I were the parent of a player that's made a UF commitment, I would certainly be concerned with what's happening in Gainesville. Hint Hint.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THAT is funny!!

Only one's I would consider would be Corral, Copeland, Chase and Pitts. Even then only if we don't get Fields or Ford

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:
    I have to believe that UF is concerned with NCAA implications as these players are all suspended from all team activities not just the game. A few years ago UNC had similar numbers of suspensions (not similar offence) and most went the whole season without in most cases any decision being reached as to whether rules were violated. If there is a NCAA part to this story don't expect any decision any time soon. It may be UF compliance not McElwain holding them out.

Exactly, McElwain is beyond soft on disciplining players. He's doing this in hopes the NCAA doesn't take it further.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@Denmen185 said:

Exactly, McElwain is beyond soft on disciplining players. He's doing this in hopes the NCAA doesn't take it further.

When this story first broke Neil Shulman (of inallkindsofweather) reported (among other things) that the events took place "some time ago" and no player will be kicked out of school or dismissed from the team and the issue had already been handled internally.
    IF that's true, McElwain had known for a while and was trying to keep the story of his players receiving improper benefits (which necessitates suspension during NCAA investigation; remember Gurley?) on the down low.
    IMO: The players weren't going to be suspended until the internet blew up and Finebaum (et al.) got hold of it.

edited August 2017

And on a related note, Coach Butch Jones confirms another Vol starter, OT Drew Richmond, will be out for the GT game for violating team rules.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If re-instatement is dependent upon NCAA approval, good luck. That could take a LONG, LONG time. Seems like Gurley's went on forever back in the day.