Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football poll: Fans identify Bulldogs' biggest issue, team MVP, best coaching hire

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football poll: Fans identify Bulldogs' biggest issue, team MVP, best coaching hire

Georgia football is not where Kirby Smart wanted the program to be, and fans weighed in via this unscientific DawgNation poll

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Watching Georgia this season, the offense and quarterback play has been sub-par. However, the secondary has been victimized by Alabama and Florida. Two individuals in particular....That would be Stevens and Webb. Look at the film, they both give up plays that keep the defense on the field.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, I don't do Twitter, but my answers would have followed the majority on every question.

I'd love to see a matchup with us against Cincinnati in the Peach bowl. Win out (including the bowl game) and we're 9-2. Not bad. It also gives us plenty of game time to get inexperienced players involved and try and find a starting QB by the end of the season. Then they can come into Spring practice and compete against Vandergriff. We've got no time to waste with Clemson on the doorstep September 4th.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Agreed. Haven’t watched film this year but last year, it was obvious that mark Webb excelled in run support and got burnt in coverage. Divaad Wilson (now with UCF) was much stronger in coverage

• Options
    Dawgdad84Dawgdad84 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

You can take what you want from polls. You can say that fans haven’t lost faith in Smart because 63.1% don’t think they’ll lose another game, or you could say that 36.9% do expect a loss against at least one of the lower tier teams in the conference. You probably wouldn’t have seen those numbers pre-Florida. Combine that 37% with almost 74% of fans who are either frustrated or very frustrated with Georgia football and you get a better picture of where a lot of fans are. This team, loaded with talented athletes, is pretty good at beating bad and average SEC teams but they haven’t been able to compete with the good ones. Until someone in charge shows any willingness to try something different to change that, you can’t expect to our levels of confidence or frustration to improve.

• Options
    PythonPython Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Corona........front loaded schedule....injuries

Let's face facts these are excuses not reasons.........No one wants to hear this but the most serious problem is coaching

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sadly, of all the multi-stared players on this team, the dude who has performed at a high level the most consistently is punter Jake Camarda. That's not a good sign, on multiple levels (but thanks, Jake)..

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wouldn’t equate fan support of Kirby with the likelihood of winning out. We should win the remaining schedule without any coach on the sideline. You should have asked a direct question but I’m sure you’re too afraid to...”how much do you trust Kirby to turn our O around?” should have been a question.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't understand. Why does everyone think Scott Cochran was the most important hire? I mean, Alabama players loved him and such but he is still the Strength and Conditioning coach. Monken deserves the honor. It's not his fault that Smart won't let him choose his QB.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's pretty simple. Yes, our D did give up some yards, but I think most fans would absolutely trust Smart to continue to improve on that and get players ready and refined.

The problem is that Smart is controlling the Offensive game. Smart should shrug his shoulders and say "I give all offensive decisions to Monken. Ask him details". I would've bet that Monken would've started JT from the very first game if he had the choice

• Options
    GADAWGJMTGADAWGJMT Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

I agree with you python it is coaching! I'm gonna tell it like it is!!! When is The University of Georgia going to realize hiring Kirby is the same as with the old saying - "The grass isn't always greener on the other side" I mean come on Mark Richt won 2 SEC Championships in his 1st 5 years!!! And he came to UGA in worst shape than when Kirby came in!!! The only thing Kirby has in his favor that Mark didn't is the playoff! If UGA would of kept Mark as Head Coach, Hired Kirby as DC and went out and gotten Mark a GREAT OC such as Hines Ward (Which has said he is interested in coaching at UGA) We would be A LOT Better OFF!!!! I would rather have Mark Richt's Offense like he had that scored more(when he called plays) which is what I think Hines would do! And WOW at what great recruiting Mark & Hines would do together!!! I would rather have that than what Kirby has!!!