Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia QB legend Eric Zeier: What happens if JT Daniels looks great?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia QB legend Eric Zeier: What happens if JT Daniels looks great?

Georgia QB JT Daniels is expected to make his debut for the Builldogs against Mississippi State on Saturday in Athens in Sanford Stadium

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If JT looks great.....he starts ...and Monken has a chance to swagger with his air raid offense. WRs and TEs likely to see much more action. Will add a third dimension to the UGA attack it has sorely lacked. I can also see some solid numbers from the UGA RBs. This would open up the defense to the run game. Would also give Cook ample opportunities to work from the slot. UGA scoring should vastly improve. IMO.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he looks great, I’ll be conflicted somewhere between excitement and dissatisfaction with two weeks ago’s showing.

I hope we hang half a hundred on em!

go dawgs!

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ Junior

if he looks great, some will wonder why Kirby waited so long.

• Options
    volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT wasn't confident with his knee, which hampered his playing ability. Even his teammates said he didn't look like he was trusting his knee. He wasn't ready to be the starter until he was confident.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he looks great, (and I certainly hope he does) then great. Hopefully he'll look great next week and the week after that. There is no use in looking back at what might have been. We've just got to keep it moving, hopefully get through the rest of the season without anymore major injuries, get into a decent bowl game and play well, (pray for a satisfactory and widely accessible COVID-19 vaccine) and then practice like crazy for a full season next year. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 363 ✭✭✭ Junior

if he starts and does well, JT should continue to be the starter period. Bennett hasn't looked great this season and his numbers are declining. Mathis, who I am not still sold he has been given a fair shake, should get moved to WR. Hopefully that will work out like Tae Crowder and others.

• Options
    PythonPython Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well......so far I don't think we're going to have to worry about that

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

JT bested all of the Heisman Hype QB's that played Sat. Outstand performance....He's ready Kirby! Now if You and Monken can figure out how to run the ball in other places than the middle and off tackle...perhaps throws to Zeus & Mc...to soften up D-line and rush, make DWan a receiver/passer/runner out of back field, we'll have a balanced attack....and for all that's sacred a freshman QB needs a sack/hurry-up at least once or twice per possession and our cover guys need to compete for the ball, not watch a catch and then tackle.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

RBU ran for a total of 8 yards Saturday night. Good thing JT was at QB.