Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Fan Feedback: Bulldogs fans love JT Daniels' debut, not much else against Mississippi State

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageFan Feedback: Bulldogs fans love JT Daniels' debut, not much else against Mississippi State

Georgia may have found its quarterback, but the Bulldogs are still searching for their first complete game of the season. But despite that, the No. 13-ranked Bulldogs edged Mississippi State, 31-24, on Saturday night. In his Georgia debut and first college game in more than 14 months, quarterback JT Daniels threw for

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby Smart looking dumb and dumber with each passing game, pun intended.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was great the see JT tear it up. But I think I see the reason he was still on the bench for the first half of the season. His mechanics are poor. He lifts his trail leg when he throws deep. Everything he throws seems to be all arm without lower body driving the ball. I don't know a lot about football, but I've always heard that poor mechanics will lead to under thrown and inaccurate passes. He had the same strange motion in his high school film. Maybe he sat because Kirby thought Stetson could protect the ball better? Stetson didn't protect the ball that well so--JT sitting is still a mystery.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

OK now that we have played in our cute little black jerseys, let's pack them up and go back to playing some Defense. It might also help to develop a semblance of a running game, which I suppose would require some offensive line blocking

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great performance by JT and the receivers. Not sure where the heck our run game went other than we got our rears handed to us at the line of scrimmage. Our pass rush was non-existence until later in the game and then still not much.

Our defense can't continually give up 5-10 yard pass plays time and again. I know this State offense was a bit different than most, but Bama beat these guys 41-0 on Halloween. Are we that much worse than Bama?

We've got our work cut out for us to get consistency which we seem to struggle with almost every year. Frustrating.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What is wrong with our O-Line? They couldn't run block their way out of a wet paper bag last night, plus JT was sacked three times. They are a giant let down. Kirby that bend but don't break pass defense doesn't work either. They were constantly throwing those dink and dunk passes for yardage and first downs all game long. Thank goodness JT and the receivers were having a great game.