Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How JT Daniels can turn wide receiver from a weakness into a position of strength for Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageHow JT Daniels can turn wide receiver from a weakness into a position of strength for Georgia

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. How a solid quarterback changes the course of the wide receiver room If quarterback has been the most concerning

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jermaine Burton was very impressive. Good to see another young receiver take the next step.

Hopefully, JT and the receivers can stay healthy and finish the season strong. If so, it sets the offense up for a strong and steady start for 2021.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I've never thought our receivers were a weakness. Our pass on third down when everyone knows you're going to pass philosophy would make the Falcons receivers look weak. Coaches blame the kids too easily when things don't go well. I lay this at Smart's feet because of his play defense and run the ball and pass if you have to philosophy. Now, I will give him credit for changing because the Monken hire proves he's changed.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m with you KBP as I’ve never thought our receivers were a weakness either. When you have a qb that can deliver the ball quickly and on target, we have guys that can make plays. Now that the receivers know they can get the ball quickly and in stride, I believe they will only elevate their game in the way they run their routes and work for the open spot. JT should only get better as well working with the receivers in the one spot every day in practice. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

McKitty and Washington need to be in this conversation. Besides Jalen Carter, #0 may have been our biggest recruit last year. Would really like to see him targeted a few times this week.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Another game or two throwing it around the yard could cause some hotshot senior HS receiver to take a second look at UGA. Wouldn't that be something? Be nice to have our versions of Jerry Jeudy and Devonte Smith. Maybe Burton and Jackson and Pickens can develop if they are given the throws into 1st round draft types.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

KS is still learning, like his team. I hope he has learned the lesson of playing Rudy when you have a green Baker Mayfield on your team. JT seemed smarter than KS when he said "If you're not going to throw it to those guys, why recruit them?" Pretty bold statement that should have been made by the young man's head coach. I'm glad we have SB as a backup in case JT goes down. SB is a DGD, without a doubt, but not good enough to take UGA to the next level.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

Smart talks all the time about wanting more offensive production, wanting to be more explosive, etc. People write it off as lip service, which I suppose is understandable. The fact is, it doesn't matter what the coach says if the results aren't on the field. I think it's much more significant - a breath of fresh air, really - to hear it coming so bluntly from the quarterback. When I first read that quote from Daniels, I had myself a little "Hallelujah!" moment. Very encouraging to have a quarteback who not only feels that way, but isn't shy about letting the world know it.

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Amazing the difference a good QB can make. We've had our hearts broken by a good QB on the other team too many times in the Kirby Smart era - Tua, Hurts, Burrows, Trask. It's about time we had a player like this on our side. By the way, what has happened to all of our big receivers? Haven't seen Robinson do much this year and Landers and Bush never seem to do much either. It would be nice to have a reliable big guy on the outside to bring down 50/50 balls now that we have a QB who can sling it down field.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Weather looks good so far for a rain-free Saturday night in Columbia. That should put JT front and center against the gamecocks. Let's run up some bigger numbers this outing. UGA needs to put the pressure on start to final whistle. Hopefully the RBs can better complement the total this time. No need for revenge, just solid football behind UGA's new normal. GO DAWGS!!!