Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What the latest College Football Playoff rankings mean for Georgia football bowl possibilities

SystemSystem Posts: 11,122 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageWhat the latest College Football Playoff rankings mean for Georgia football bowl possibilities

Another Tuesday night means another round of College Football Playoff rankings. The newest rankings always lead to more faux-outrage about where teams that aren't realistic playoff contenders should rank. But more importantly, it gives us a better road map to what the end of the season rankings might look like and

Read the full story here

Comments

• DawgByteDawgByte Posts: 416 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's interesting to note that when Georgia played Tenn. earlier this season they were coming off an 8-0 run and were ranked #14.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ohio State hasn't played in weeks and they see ranked 3rd.....just take the top 8 teams and let them duke it out

• khummelkhummel Posts: 907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia is the 7th best team in the country... sorry Dawg brethren, I think the top 6 would beat the current version of us (and the rest would not).

At this point, I'd be delighted to see us "upset" Cincy, Clemson, or Notre Dame in a bowl game. It'd be fun to whup Miami, too.

• oddsbodkinoddsbodkin Posts: 176 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'll take Peach or Sugar. I don't care. At least the Sugar Bowl is a Friday night game. Last two years of Sugar Bowl at 830 on New Years night before a work day has been absolutely brutal.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm going to push back on that first part just a bit. I know we're a work in progress at the moment, what with the defensive injuries and wading into uncharted territory with this newfangled "offense" thing (did I spell that correctly?), but I wouldn't mind another crack at Florida now that we've found a functioning quarterback. Oh well, 2021 is another year...

• SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am just hoping for a good bowl game, Cincy would be interesting and Miami would be also, my fear here is we need a team and a game that gets our kids motivated! Baylor was fun, but Texas was not. If only the football gods would give us a shot at another team to "fall from grace"!

The Ohio State debacle has me wondering, I have seen them play and they are really good, but if they don't attain the minimum number of regular season games, they are out!

The CFP is coming down to the same teams again....unless something wacko happens, two teams from the south will be given the opportunity to raise whatever that obelisk is....I would prefer it to be an SEC team, but not Florida!

BTW - James Cook is a freak!!!!

• KBPKBP Posts: 385 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why don't teams get credit for beating a team under their ranking at game time? Auburn was ranked in the top 10 when we played them and now they're unranked and somehow that's a knock against us? The experts should be called into question and not the winning team.

The experts you set the rankings should be called into question.

The experts who set the rankings . . . .

Proofreading is fundamental!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

KBP, with the exception of their game against LSU, Auburn has not looked good all year. So yes, question the ranking. But it doesn't change the fact that what we thought was a win over a strong opponent simply wasn't. I get that there's nothing Georgia can do about it. But if strength of schedule is going to be a factor (which it should), then you have to assess it for what it is, not what it might have been if everyone was as good or bad as they were originally expected to be.

I will say that if a team wasn't simply overrated - if they'd fallen on hard times since their game against x opponent - then I do think that THAT should be taken into consideration. It's a fairly complicated and fluid process, which still has us ranked as the top two-loss team, ahead of some one-loss teams. I think we're right about where we should be.

• jtAUGjtAUG Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

The Sugar Bowl is a playoff bowl this year. Alabama likely plays in Sugar if it finishes with the No.1 seed in CFP.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While I certainly don't agree with our lofty CFP ranking (the Dawgs have only one win against a team with a winning record), I'll take it. If we can possibly play a team as good as Cincinnati then that's a good test for the Dawgs, and a great way to end the season with a win. First though, we need to beat Vandy and Mizzou.

GO DAWGS!