Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football jumps Florida in AP, Coaches Poll heading into final week of 2020 season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,541 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football jumps Florida in AP, Coaches Poll heading into final week of 2020 season

The Georgia Bulldogs delivered perhaps their best performance of the season on Saturday in a 49-14 win over the Missouri Tigers. Conversely, the Florida Gators had their worst effort of the season in a 37-34 loss to LSU. Because of these results, the Bulldogs moved up in both the Coaches and AP Poll heading into the

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

I recognize UGA has 2 losses, and I have been hard on them this year, but we are certainly better than Indiana, Coastal Carolina, and Iowa State.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

These polls are ridiculous. A 6-1 Indiana is supposedly better than a Georgia team who lost to Alabama and Florida? We lost to UF with a decimated defense and an FCS QB starting for us? Seriously—Indiana, Coastal, and Iowa State are better than us? What a joke!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe we've been ranked too highly at times during this season, particularly early on.

Now we are ranked a bit lower than we should be unless you believe Coastal Carolina, Indiana, and Iowa State would be likely to beat us. Taking nothing away from those teams I doubt they'd want to play the current Dawgs anymore than they'd want to play Alabama. We're looking very good all the sudden. Our team has come a long way this season which is a credit to the players, and to Kirby & Company, and to the University of Georgia's football program.

One of the best things about this poll is Georgia's ahead of Florida. It reflects reality at this point in the season when it is very likely we'd beat the University of West Gainesville should be have a rematch. It also rubs the noses of Gator fans in the fetid field of their beloved Swamp, a field on which they were humiliated by a not good at all, undermanned, but game LSU team to the delight of all Tiger and Dawg fans.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coastal Carolina????? Come on. Iowa State ....Indiana? We went from ranked too high to too low. What are these guys thinking? At least they got one right, Florida below UGA!!! Even Cincinnati? That will be it for UGA ranking higher.....winning over Vandy 100 to zip won't change a thing.

Tennessee had a little trouble with Vandy at the outset??? I guess they were all fearful of the new gal Sarah Fuller the kicker. Heisman candidate ya know. lolol College football hall of fame. She scored 1 PAT! I think? My sister used to wrestle the boys on my wrestling team..in her weight class, of course. She beat them....did we sign her up...no. Today, girls are on the wrestling teams. I don't know what my point is. Let's keep them separate.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whether or not we are ranked too high or too low at this point is irrelevant. This year is a wierd year for polls and rankings considering everyone has played a different # of games. What matters is winning out against Vandy and our Bowl opponent. Final rankings will be what counts now.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love being ranked above florida because, at this point in the season I absolutely believe we are the better team.

I will say this, as much as I dislike Mullen he was correct in saying those that chose to not play are being rewarded. Think about it, we didn't play last week, which was not our decision, and dropped while ohio state doesn't play, by their own choice, and keeps their lofty ranking with only 5 games played. Who is to say they wouldn't have lost this weekend? Heck, who is to say Wake may not have had the game of their life and taken down clem(p)son? I mean, let's be serious, as much as we love florida losing to LSU, do any of us really believe LSU is better? Doubtful but anything can happen. That is why you play the game. If everyone got to pick and choose who they did and did not want to play, we'd have a bunch of undefeated teams. and the big (cue the laughter) 10 makes a change in policy to allow the golden child in....just plain silly. I hope beyond hope that Northwestern wipes the floor with them. Anything can happen.

Again, that is why you play the games.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, Montana Dawg, I usually agree with you.....uhmmmm. I want to see Beck start. As you said rankings mean little NOW. In the end, I suppose rankings will help. You beat Vandy 30 to 0 or 70 to 0?? The rankings won't be affected...in my opinion. I want to see this kid perform other than feed a RB every play. He is the future of UGA right? He and my fave Brock Vandagriff! So, put Beck on the firing line against Vandy.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia back to being ranked over Florida. That didn't take too long.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Florida will fall even further next week. A 3 loss Florida team will probably fall behind UGA in the Bowl pecking order.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We hit rock bottom earlier this year. Until JT we were an afterthought. But we seem to be finishing strong. Win out and we’re end of year top 5/6?