Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

D'Wan Mathis chooses new school, officially leaves Georgia behind

SystemSystem Posts: 10,499 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageD'Wan Mathis chooses new school, officially leaves Georgia behind

Former Georgia football quarterback D'Wan Mathis has chosen his new school, leaves the Bulldogs behind after short time in NCAA portal

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck to D'Wan. He has all the tools to be a great QB. Hope all your dreams come true!

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wish you the best, D’wan. Thank you for all you contributed as a Dawg, and God bless!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like a great fit for D'Wan. Best Wishes!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good luck D’Wan and I look forward to following your career at Temple.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

D'Wan will do just fine with the Owls. Less pressure now that he is outside the very demanding SEC. That was his problem here. God bless this fine young talent.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thought he might have done a little better than Temple, even a high-powered Div. II school. But regardless, best wishes to you, young man. If, indeed, Jesus Christ truly is your Lord and Savior, you have nothing to worry about. Just trust Him and remember Romans 8:28. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    AirmanEAirmanE Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

How would a D2 school be better than temple. That’s major college football and before Geoff Collins went to Georgia Tech they won plenty of ballgames.

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've always said God puts you where he wants you. Ball out at Temple, D'Wan. God speed.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

D'Wan wish you nothing but success. I think he left on good terms and will be pulling for him a Temple.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good luck D'Wan. Proud to have had you as a Bulldog...

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck in Philadelphia young man..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good luck to you, sir. We've enjoyed having you on campus and on the field.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

I love the subtle potshots that Mr. Griffith (a Vol fan) constantly takes at the Dawgs. How hard would it be to create a title such as "Mathis finds a new home that offers the opportunity for more playing time" or "Mathis takes his skills to Tulane, Thanks CKS and his teammates for their support"...or ".or thanks UGA for the opportunity and for saving his life.....". Instead, Mathis leaves Georgia behind...!?! Really?

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This will not be a popular comment, understood. D'Wayward Mathis was committed to Iowa State, Michigan State, and Ohio State, then came to Georgia. Now he's headed to Temple. That's FIVE schools. And he could be signed by at least five more if he wanted to keep looking. Here's the tale: "I'm tall, I'm fast, I've got a cannon arm!" Okay. That will get you a lot of attention. But here's my 2.5 cents (inflation): UGA took this kid in and did everything and more to support him. When he got to UGA, how many college football snaps had he taken? He was raw, with a lot of "raw" talent. Great. But he was not a program-defining quarterback. Could he have been? Perhaps, if he'd stayed, worked, fixed his deficiencies, and grown into the role. Fact is, he wasn't ready! And his body language coming off the field was telling. Some kids who are used to being superstars in high school have a hard time adjusting. Some take it as a challenge and dig in (Jake Fromm, JT Daniels). I think at this point, we know which one D'wan is. I wish him the best of luck, but sincerely believe he would have benefited by staying in this program that gave him so much.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

DN wishes you all the best Mathis! God bless you and your family.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good luck young man. Perfect fit. Temple needed depth at wr. You’re gonna do fine.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Think he probably could have had better success at receiver. Whatever. A general lack of commitment to a program that was so committed to him, in my mind, precludes him from the title, DGD.

Best of luck, young man.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wish you the best D'wan. Always was in your corner and was happy you got the opportunity to win the starting QB position. Unfortunately, it didn't work out here for you and it wasn't going to get any easier. If your true passion is to play football then you have to do what is best for you to fulfill those dreams. UGA is a competitive place to win and maintain a starting position. It is a constant competition and regaining that starting position was only going to be harder going forward.

Throughout life we come upon intersections with paths we must choose from. Our choices will ultimately define our future success. I hope Temple is the place where you succeed. Good luck D'wan and aim high.