Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Projecting JT Daniels vs. Heisman leaders: USC's loss is Georgia's gain

SystemSystem Posts: 10,460 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageProjecting JT Daniels vs. Heisman leaders: USC's loss is Georgia's gain

Georgia football quarterback JT Daniels would have likely made a difference against Florida, but how do his numbers stack up with Heisman Trophy leaders?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Look, it's fine. JT's parents had stated that he wasn't 100% early in the year, so I'll take that. Smart definitely isn't an "experimenter" and loyalty can backfire, but I believe that everything worked out the way it should've. Not the way we hoped, but the way it was supposed to. We got our butts beat pretty badly in both games, so it's not like we lost by a TD or FG.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jt would have beaten Florida....but not Bama. Bama dominated on the lines and in the early backfield. UGA was not ready. Now, they are ready. Now, they give Bama a handful. Hindsight, best sight. All I have. JT is a very good QB...am also watching Brock Vandagriff for the future. Beck? Kirby does not seem high on Beck? Kirby gushed a lot on Brock V. I am not in the on-field loop. Brock is a super recruiter as well.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike has copied a twitter post (above) with "shut the F up" but we can't post the word stu pid. 🤨

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2020

There's no doubt the talent is on campus to make a run next year, lets hope they install an offense worthy of it. Then call the plays competently in game. It will be clearly be up to the coaching.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bama would be favored, but, I disagree on some of those points. Having a QB who can stretch the field (Daniels) would've changed Bama's defensive game-plan. All Bama had to do was take away the run game and dare the QB to beat them.

Try that with Daniels and he'll light your defense up.

My three best today. 1. Alabama, 2. Clemson. 3. Georgia. With Daniels GA is a much more complete team.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT is the best thing to happen to Vandagriff. Brock’s spot on mechanics would make him successful whether it’s 1A private or the top classification. JT gives Brock the benefit of settling into college life, adjusting to college speed, and learning the offense without the massive pressure that was experienced by Eason his freshman year.

• Options

I hope Kirby can add  Arik Gilbert to that receiving corps. Need a couple of key players on defense to stay another year too.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OK couple of comments and a couple of questions for my fellow Dawgs fans. I think JT Daniels will thrive Big Time for the Dawgs next year. The reason being I think we will still have a great running game. And I’m not talking about balance. I’m talking about Explosive !! Look what Najee Harris did for Bama tonight in the SECG !! An explosive run game highly compliments an explosive pass game and it’s more than balance its like pick your poison Nitro or TNT both equal a big BLAST !!! I think the Dawgs will have a Very explosive Offense for 2021/2022 Now question if not Beck who will be the best option for the #3 QB ?? I hope Beck is better than we think and just hasn’t had a chance to show it. I love Stet as a Dawg and his heart and all but and I don’t like to bash on any one, but he just don’t seem to be able to cut it against top tier SEC teams. Next taking in consideration guys leaving or might leave what do y’all anticipate our Defense to be ?? Great ?? Very Good ?? Decent ?? Fair ?? Poor ?? Last being truthful to ourselves and weighing all things out will the Dawgs make a strong run for a National Title next year and possibly even win it ?? I lied lol This is last , does Nick Sabin retire after this year ?? He sure looked mighty weary during the SECG tonight !! Thanks in advance yall !! God Bless y’all !! Merry Christmas !!

• Options

Oh and just want to add Vandy AD and HC are cowards and low lifes. They cheated our Seniors out of a very special day. If I ever had any respect for Vandy it vanished like spit in the wind. OK now I’m over that and will try not to bring it up any more.

• Options

Navydawg. I think the Dawg's offense has a good chance at being elite next year, pass and run.

With a full year in Monken's system, I would expect Beck to be the clear-cut No.2 QB at least before the season's finished, if not right from the start. Not that us fans will be privy to that pecking order.

Defense, who knows? Good out of the gate and improving. Better if a few decide to not leave early.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

After watching the SECCG last night, I really hope that the pass interference rules are re-examined. The way things are currently interpreted, DB’s have no chance in one on one coverage. Let the DB’s play and reserve PI calls for when it’s not only clear that they obstructed the chance for a catch, but it was also intentional. A receiver working back for an under thrown ball should not rewarded if the DB continues his run into him.

• Options

Thx SmartsTheMan. That’s a very reasonable assessment to me. Let’s hope that most of our key defensive guys that can stay Will stay. If they do we should have a pretty good team top to bottom . We’ll know soon enough who those will be.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think JT Daniels was ready to play earlier in the season, but CKS didn't recognize it. It probably cost us a victory of the gators. But that is behind us and we need to look forward to our next bowl game as it builds our momentum for 2021.

Let's hope that our juniors will remain loyal to our DawgNation and help us win our first National Championship in 42 years. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    2statedawg2statedawg Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

New to the forum but a Dawg from way, way back. We lose games when we abandon the run. For some reason we haven't had an OC in years that gets that concept.

It's almost like coaches have to prove they can run a balanced offense. Even if it means blowing a game. Drives me nuts.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

Yes! I can't stand it when a DB gets flagged for failing to defy the laws of physics. Something really needs to be done about that.