Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia's Kirby Smart boosts Florida ranking, Brian Kelly and Ed Orgeron bury Bulldogs

SystemSystem Posts: 10,460 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia's Kirby Smart boosts Florida ranking, Brian Kelly and Ed Orgeron bury Bulldogs

Georgia coach Kirby Smart didn't let the Florida rivalry cloud his judgment on his final Top 25 ballot, but the Bulldogs found out the respect wasn't mutual with two other coaches

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brian Kelly=Jim Harbaugh..OVERRATED every year. And coach ogre is still living off last year's success.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some coaches don't watch much football. So, I cut 'em some slack. The coaches poll is meaningless in any case.

Some don't seem to know much football, going by their lists, but, more likely, play politics and/or act on their subjective point of view rather than objective information.

Since the poll is meaningless who cares.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Both of our losses to ranked top ten opponents away from home and can’t get more respect than that???

time to show the donkey the snake!

kirby.... release the kraken on cincy! Silence the G-5ers. And put the fear of God in those on our schedule next yr.

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

This shows me one thing...Coaches have their own agendas when voting...Who knew?!?!?!

• Options
    Dawg01Dawg01 Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't care. Most of these guys are too busy to really look into this. Dime to a dollar, Sweeny didn't even look at it. Just had a kid on the staff fill it out and send it.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

To Brian Kelly, go take some more of those concussion eye drops that you had specifically made for the game last year. Kelly should be fired from notre dame following the destruction that Alabama will lay upon them, again. Kelly is an idiot who shouldn't be the head coach at such an academically prestigious school.

And the coach o thing, well he's just filling in circles on a spreadsheet.

I respect, even though I despise it, the Kirby voting. Florida has/will be had, an extremely good offense this year. So no fault in how Kirby voted them.

• Options
    FloridaSuxFloridaSux Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

Oregron didn't have time to fill out his ballot. I imagine covering up sexual assault eats up most of your day.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Personally, I don't think the Dawgs should be rated higher than 8 or 9. We lost to really the only good teams that we played against - Bama and the Gators. And it wasn't just our offense that sputtered - our defense got pretty well schooled in both games. Sure we've got JT now, but he has not proven himself against the best teams. He'll have a chance to shine at the Peach Bowl, and we'll REALLY see what he is made of on Sept. 4th against Clemson (assuming he remains the starter). Win the Peach Bowl and our final ranking will obviously improve.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Any ballot that has Notre dame as the 4th best team in the country automatically forfeits their ballot. Because they obviously didn’t watch that wood shed beating they took on Saturday.

I guarantee you teams 5-10 would have played them as close if not better than Notre dame.

smh

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Putting Coastal Carolina and Louisiana-Lafayette ahead of Georgia? Come on, man!!!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't understand this drum you're beating about Daniels being replaced by next season. First game back in 15 months, on a different team no less, he had the highest QBR in the nation. Neither of the guys who would replace him has yet to attempt a pass in Georgia uniform. I'm not saying he's perfect or that there's no room for growth, but... seriously?

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Long Yawn, Dawgs need to TCB on the field, the rest will take care of itself.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Georgia needs to show its stuff in the Peach Bowl against a motivated and very good Cincinnati. Hopefully, CKM can keep his juniors on the field and show the world how far we've come this year.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kelly voted his boys 3rd a few days after that curbstomping by Clemson. What a joke.