Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart Peach Bowl key: 'Is it going to be important to the players?'

2»

Comments

• Options
    ErminErmin Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

I hope Kirby makes it very clear to the team that only those who are excited about this bowl game, are welcomed to play in it. If you're heart ain't in it, or if you're unsure what to do, stay your behind home and watch it on tv. When that team plane leaves Athens, it should be full of nothing but a fired up, and excited bunch of Dawgs ready to go to battle with their brothers! A team wanting to finish the season beating a great Cincinnati team that is ranked higher than them. That ought to be all the motivation they need! If you don't want to play, you ain't getting on that plane. Simple as that! This is football, not a daycare center! 

Let's Go, Dawgs! We have some business to take care of.

GO DAWGS!

·  When that team plane leaves Athens, ????

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, man. We're going to fly to Atlanta, didn't you hear? 😁 LOL

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2020

Kirby wouldn't have gone public with this Peach Bowl key if he wasn't concerned about it, right? Is a January 1st Major Bowl game "going to be important to the players?" ****.

One of these days, UGA football players are going to have to realize that very few talking heads really consider UGA a perpetual contender for the CF Playoffs. Yeah we always get a great Pre-Season Ranking, and adding us to the "teams to watch" gets Dawg fans in front of the tvs on Saturdays. But 1 (One!) trip to the playoffs, 3 years ago, does not make us an annual playoff threat. Kirby's recruiting successes should put us there, but talent just has not translated into many big wins on the field. We can't beat Nick Saban's team, and get boat-raced even worse when we play Nick's old team (LSU).

Oh yeah, when nine or 10 of those players "opt out" of a New Year's day bowl game because their team got trounced twice and didn't even make the SECCG, something is amiss.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At some point all of KIrbys' great recruiting has got to translate into something more meaningful. Even Ogeron can fluke his way into a NC.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The young Pups showed up for Baylor and will against Cincinnati. The step-ups are the ones excited about winning and it is contagious..just like last year. JT will find UGA a "dream team" in many ways next Friday. Yes, Cincy will play hard...but UGA will play with just as much gusto. I do not believe this will be a Texas outcome. Daniels knows how to command the ship. Monken has designed this contest following film of Cincy match-ups. Tulsa is a good one to dissect. It was determination that gave Cincy that win. UGA should be able to handle Cincy better than Tulsa...don;t you think?

• Options
    SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really look forward to Mike's articles and how he has "No Problem" saying what needs to be said, and his additional comment to those who disagree with him, Thank You Mike!

This is going to be an easy heart felt response - The coaches will need to do there job, I am going to say it, Flawless!

Sure, I would Love for everyone to stay and play the #8 team in the country, with our war chest loaded with talent, but everybody knows that this game is an emotional one. These kids will need to be ready to play and by ready, I am stating that the coaches need to provide these kids with a game plan that works for them!

Thats my fear and my only concen, we are loaded with talent, but these kids need to play at a high emotional level and dare I say, Complete Confidence!!!

Tte "opt-outs" or "quitters", which is a little harsh and driven by a lot emotion, will work itself out, No worries, because our coaches will get it right. At least I hope they do, we don't need another Texas Sugar Bowl!

Happy New Year!!!

I got the Dawgs Winning, 41-20