Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Cincinnati QB Desmond Ridder key piece in Peach Bowl 'chess match'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageCincinnati QB Desmond Ridder key piece in Peach Bowl 'chess match'

Cincinnati offensive coordinator has matched wits with Kirby Smart before in a different time, in a different place, but this time he has a dual-threat quarterback

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

my post has nothing to do with this topic but rather Brock Vandagriff. Sitting here watching on GPB and Vandagriff can throw on a dime and with very good accuracy. However, he holds on to the ball way to long. Seems to lock in on receivers off the snap instead of looking off defenders. He’ll need a year of coaching up on the little things that separate the best QB’s from the average ones. He has superior arm talent skills, very accurate on the run, but is pretty raw.

Hopefully JT stays around and coaches up Beck and Vandagriff. I have a good friend who’s son plays for the Dawgs and he tells me if Carson ever gets a shot, he’ll be hard to beat. Said he was better than D’wan or Stetson but was to raw to put it in his hands at the beginning.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cincy's QB is fast for a long legged dude. If he gets ahead of you, I don't see anyone running him down. Best have a spy on him that can run.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I haven't seen Cincinnati play, but the media sure are talking team up.

I can see them maybe matching up at the skill positions. I doubt they'll be able to hold up on either offense or defensive line for the entire game. With the missing starters and all SEC candidates opting out, it should make for an interesting game.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We struggle with elite passers and elite wrs. We eat running qbs for breakfast. Dual threat in most cases means that the dude can’t pass consistently and has to take off running. Make sure the wheel route isn’t there and our speed sideline to sideline will choke them out and demoralize them. We’re good here guys.