Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Fan Feedback: DawgNation critical of Peach Bowl performance prior to comeback against Cincinnati

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageFan Feedback: DawgNation critical of Peach Bowl performance prior to comeback against Cincinnati

The No. 8 Georgia Bulldogs started slowly in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl on Friday afternoon. In fact, they trailed the No. 9 Cincinnati Bearcats by 11 heading into the fourth quarter and showed very little energy on the sideline to indicate a comeback was possible. However, the Dawgs did prevail. Capitalizing on a

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dave,

You have the teams reversed. UGa is ranked 9th and Cincinnati is ranked slightly higher at #8. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

For all you Social Media complainers, BLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHto you!

You Can't and Shouldn't quit on your team as long as there is time on the clock. Kirby had them just where he wanted them all along.

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

I guess everyone expected a blow out. The talk before this game was very similar to the things said before Texas whipped the Dawgs. This was exactly the type of game I expected. In fact, a win in this manner did more for this team than winning by 4 touch downs. This will give the youngsters a boost heafedy into the spring & the 2021 season. It also taught them the value of not giving up. Keep fighting vs walking around with sagging heads & shoulders. Believe & find a way to win. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mean, it's a win and technically we upset them, but based on their schedule and their meager 3 point wins against weak programs we SHOULD have dominated.

I'm sure I'll rewatch highlights and low-lights over the offseason, but overall it just felt... sloppy. Getting an 80 yard run on us? When is the last time you saw a team do that against us? And without that, they would've only gotten 20 total yards of rushing. Allowing the kicker to just run for a 1st down? Come on. Don't tell me that they've never done that before. That's just a lack of prep by special teams/D.

But what really kills me is that the up-tempo, pass to the edge worked every-freaking-time. They obviously couldn't run on us except for that one play, so why weren't we adjusting to the pass?

I feel like adaptability is a real weakness for our program. Other teams prepare to play us and we always seem confused when they run their unique type of plays against us.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 363 ✭✭✭ Junior

we did not look good, but we came back and WON. That is all that matters.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

With it all said and done the fact remains...The Georgia Bull Dawgs came from behind and defeated an undefeated team that in all likelihood would have defeated Notre Dame and could have given Clemson and TOS a severe challenge. Cincinnati was the best defence The Dawgs faced all year....bar NONE!