Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH Kirby Smart: Georgia overcame 'major issues' before, during 24-21 Peach Bowl win

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageWATCH Kirby Smart: Georgia overcame 'major issues' before, during 24-21 Peach Bowl win

Georgia coach Kirby Smart allowed himself a smile after his Bulldogs pulled off a dramatic 24-21 come-from-behind victory over Cincinnati in the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Sophomore kicker Jack Podlesny booted a go-ahead field goal from 53 yards out with three seconds left to give Georgia a

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm proud of this team. Just look at how losing a few starters effected Florida.

It was a grind of a game, but they found a way to beat a good team and finish the year out right. Can't say enough about the defense and Podlesny with his kicking.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, as much as I love and look forward to College Football, it's good just to get this season ended and hopefully start to see some normalcy and be able to watch the Spring G Day game again.

• Options
    WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

Fellow Dawg fans, please stop calling players who decided to opt out quitters. Everyone has their own reason for not playing and I think its mighty selfish of fans to say such. Many of these guys are looking at their future while you want to only focus on the present. How many of you think about the needs of your family first before the wants of fans? LET'S BE REAL!!! As i've said before, if the coaches and players didn't call them quitters, who are the fans to do so.

Until the NCAA changes the format to where the Bowls outside of Playoff Teams mean something this will become the norm and for good reason. Prime example, look at what happen to D'Eriq King of Miami with a torn ACL in the game against OK ST. Just think if that would have happen to Stokes or Cleveland et al or even Ojulari(Thank God it didn't) what would your comments be then.... "They were DGD's, too bad they got a career ending injury". Again, LET"S BE REAL and STOP being selfish!!!

GO "ALL"DAWGS!!!!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2021

You are called a quitter when you quit. If you don't finish when an activity/season is still in progress, that means you quit that activity. It does not matter your personal reason aside from someting awful like James Cook's, it is still quitting.

And of course the coach and fellow players don't call them out but you could tell from Smart's prior comments that he was very unhappy with the situation and those that did "opt-out". Eric Zeier, a pretty good player in his own, talked about how he felt about players quitting on their brothers.

If nothing else, you signed on for a 12 game season, taking SEC and National out of the equation, yet you decided that this year 9 was enough. You say you want to do the "Senior Bowl" with strangers but not the real bowl that counts with your team that got you into the supposed draft position you hold?

When you quit you are a quitter. And not a single player last night was injured or had a career ending play.

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

The announcers were all in for Cincinnati, the Cinderella team story. Nary a mention of our missing 11 starters. Effectively, Cincinnati lost to a Georgia team that would have been on the field in the fourth quarter of a blowout. 2021 looks promising. We have momentum going into our next game against Clemons.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

With all due respect to your opinion of who is not a quitter - How is a bowl game any more dangerous than the last regular season game? When does the quitting syndrome end?

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think this says a LOT of good things about our coaching staff, starting with Kirby.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In my heart of hearts I expected a 4th Qtr. comeback...and it happened but didn't expect to win it on a Camarda 53-yarder. Am sorry to see Ojulari is leaving as a red shirt Sophomore. He is UGA sack king. Will definitely miss him. Big Ben as well. Stokes....no need to name them all. Another major Bowl win for UGA. Great stuff!!!! Clemson is next....without Trevor. Will UGA be without JT? He is not good enough for a high round pick yet. That knee...I still think he is favoring it. I would like to see UGA get a Mac or Trevor or another Fields. Fields destroyed Clemson...with a painful rib injury. JT not at that level. IMO.

• Options
    WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

UGA66, Jack Podlesny our kicker, Kicked the 53 yarder, not Camarda our punter.

• Options
    WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

WayxATLdawg89, All these players have accepted invites to the Senior Bowl, DJ Daniel, Mark Webb, Malik Herring, Ben Cleveland, Richard LeCounte, Tre McKitty, and Monty Rice, now some of these players couldn't play in the Peach Bowl, because they had injuries, but if you accepted a senior bowl offer, and then opt out of the peach bowl, then you have quit on your team, and accepting to play in the senior bowl shows your are not worried about getting injured.

• Options
    ShewdawgShewdawg Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

100% agree, opting out was before the season began.

Taking things at face value, it sounded like Rice and Cleveland were really banged up throughout the year, with Rice barely able to practice after the UT game. While it stinks, I definitely understand that you want to heal for your job interview instead of playing in a NY6 game. But the other guys that quit on their team leave a bad taste for us and the NFL scouts.