Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tyrique Stevenson makes 'play of the game' when Georgia needed it most to start 2021

SystemSystem Posts: 10,570 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageTyrique Stevenson makes 'play of the game' when Georgia needed it most to start 2021

When discussing possible replacements for Eric Stokes prior to the Peach Bowl, Tyrique Stevenson's name did not come up. But the sophomore from Miami was the one who ended up filling in for NFL-bound Stokes. It wasn't all pretty for Stevenson on Friday but when Georgia needed it most, he ended up making the most

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tyrique Stevenson actually saved the game, yes. He could have stayed on his man but was vigilant and observed what was happening and UGA was spared. That WR had no coverage? Wide open and would have scored. Tyrique had them both. Not good defensive play by UGA. Thank God Tyrique used his speed and skill to keep UGA in it. Glad he is returning.

"He (Ridder) took a beating too, as Ridder was sacked eight times, one of which included a costly fumble that led to a short field for Georgia." UGA came alive the second half. The adjustments worked. UGA played a really good Cincy team. UGA can be proud of this win. We had 11 starters out for this Bowl. It was a job to get any kind of repetitive rhythm of position. This was a good win. Kirby is well aware.

Humor: I keep asking "Alexa" who won the Peach Bowl....fun to hear her voice that UGA win.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s the kind of play that can launch aam All SEC career.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I started to say this after the game but glad I waited since you did an article on him. I think in some ways it's been a disappointing year for Tyrique. Not that he feels that way, I don't claim to know how he feels, but the reason I say that is he has been known most of the year for the plays he didn't make than for the ones he did. Glad he finally made a huge one at an important time and saved the game. Hope this bodes well for next season.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Woof! Woof!! Woof!!! Woof!!!!

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good play, but the Ojalari **** sack was the play if the game.