Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Auburn overwhelms Georgia, spoils K.D. Johnson's debut

SystemSystem Posts: 10,567 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageAuburn overwhelms Georgia, spoils K.D. Johnson's debut

Georgia basketball falls hard at home to Auburn, 95-77, ruins K.D. Johnson's impressive collegiate debut with Bulldogs in Stegeman Coliseum

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pathetic. Wonder who Josh Brooks will fire first?

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Different year; Same Georgia basketball team.

• Options
    GramsterGramster Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nice to see Tom Crean's team continue to practice safe Covid protocol, doing a great job of keeping 6 feet away from the opposing players, ESPECIALLY on defense...sad, so much talent, such poor execution, everyone wants to shoot, no one wants to defend...same ol same ol...I expected this team to improve vs last year's group but obviously I was wrong. 8 more months to football season...

• Options
    trkgdawgtrkgdawg Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Anybody who watched last year's team (I had season tickets) will tell you there was little to no improvement from the first game to the last. It's hard to have the #1 pick in the NBA draft and have only a .500 record (5-13 SEC!) and not make a postseason tourney. This season seems to be a replay...easy schedule to start the season and get everyone excited, but then conference play begins and poor coaching gets exposed.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Combine poor shooting, with a playground offense, mix in crappy D, and this is what you get. Year after year. CREAN, recruit some BIG MEN! You have enough guards who can't hit the 3 already.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA, still a football school. Basketball is just something to pass the time with.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am more disturbed by the lack of shooting than anything else. In addition, I love Sahvir, but he still can't finish layups in traffic with his right hand and still can't shoot. At 5'8, you need all of that. The thing that made the latter day Isiah Thomas a nightmare as a 5'8 point guard was that he could shoot and that opened up the floor for the rest of his game. I love Toumani Camara but why he still can't shoot and still can't use his right hand especially driving to the basket is a reflection of lackluster player development and that's on him and the Coaching staff. How can a Coach who believes in the 3-ball not get shooters? Finally, why do other schools get the vast majority of the best Basketball players from our state year after year? Last year we got Edwards but Auburn got Okoro and they both went in the top 5 of the draft. Why is Cooper not a Dawg? Okoro and Cooper both went to McEachern. Does the coach at McEachern hate UGA? Does their AAU coach hate UGA? Why couldn't we get both? UGH!

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

So in a contest of teams winless in the conference, we can't even make it a close game... AT HOME?

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree. But Florida Auburn and Tennessee have and have had respectable bball teams. Hell even USC jr went to the final four a few years ago. These are fierce rivals historically known as football schools. Atlanta, the south’s biggest high school basketball factory, is an hour away. Our problem is much bigger than the football school perception.