Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football key returnees vs. key losses: Bulldogs offseason winners or losers?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football key returnees vs. key losses: Bulldogs offseason winners or losers?

Georgia football is losing some good players to the NFL, as it does every year under Kirby Smart, but the Bulldogs bring back some special talents, too

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We lost a lot and retained a lot. Daniels and Davis are the two keys. Retaining these two makes up for all the losses we had. I think that these two are the keys to a championship march this fall. We have a talent pool deep enough to make up for those we lost. The tangibles and intangibles provided by these two simply are not available in that talent pool. I am referring to Daniels natural talent as well as his experience and to Davis quiet leadership, huge size and work ethic.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wow, 90% of "Key Losses" are taking place on the defensive side AND 80% of "Key Returnees" are on the Offensive Side! Honestly, with the way modern D1 ball is played these days, this looks like a Championship Caliber Team. This time next year we will see significant Key Losses on both sides of the ball but the offense will have been decimated.

It's 2021 or bust in my opinion. CKS and company know the stars have aligned for this upcoming season (weak East, weaker than typical Bama, elite offense, above average defense). Not getting it done in 2021 will be heartbreaking.

New slogan: Get it done in '21!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike, didn't Rochester already say a couple months ago that he was returning after his season ending injury?

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I kinda agree. In my view Jordan Davis is the most important player on the team with the possible exception of J T Daniels. Since both are returning I see no reason to cry over spilled milk.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, who is replacing who? That is the main question. Stokes perhaps the biggest loss. Don't know if we have someone waiting in the wings to approximate him.

Azeez is a big loss but Anderson and a combination of Smith, Tindall who seemed to have sacks ever opportunity he got the opportunity . Perhaps these can approximate him.

Dean and Walker(is he returning) to cover for Rice. I'm OK with that.

Campbell and Webb? We'll mange. LeCounte? Quick and a leader, great tackler? Average. Cine is a force, needs to work on situational awareness. Christopher Smith and Brini are up and comers.

Herring-very good player. Will be missed, young guys will have to step up for depth.

Cleveland - good player but we have some young guys waiting in the wings.

Every good team loses good to great players. BAMA will lose more than most this year. Think they will reload? YEP!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is Tyrique Stevenson not considered a "Key Loss?"