Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Closer look: How Georgia DB coach Jahmile Addae checks all the boxes

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageCloser look: How Georgia DB coach Jahmile Addae checks all the boxes

ATHENS — Kirby Smart had a lot of boxes to check in his search for a new defensive backs coach in what could prove the most pivotal hire this offseason. Jahmile Addae, like Smart a former all-conference safety and honor roll student, appears to have all of the attributes the Georgia head coach could be looking for to

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love the interaction with his kids and their respect for him. Yes sir! Slow feet don't eat. Gotta love it!

• Options
    SCDawgFanSCDawgFan Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think Coach Smart hit a homerun here!!!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

Former UGA RB Darry Ware? I think you meant Danny Ware..

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the Dawg family, coach! I am excited to have you here coaching up our guys. I like what little I have seen of you. Let's get after it, coach!

Proof reading is hard! Ain't nobody got time fo dat! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like just what the doctor ordered....welcome Jahmile!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"The Mountaineers led the nation in passing yardage allowed (159.6) and ranked 24th in the nation in pass efficiency defense in 2020."

That's all I needed to hear. Love this hire. If he can recruit well, we just went in the right direction!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Every coaching hire Kirby has made has been an improvement over the predecessor. Even Coley was a tick better than Chaney, but both pale compared to Monken. Coach Addae has some big shoes to fill, but fill them he will and even stretch them for the next coach.

• Options
    SCDawgFanSCDawgFan Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

Any chance coach Addae brings any of his corners from that defense with him?

• Options
    adawgadawg Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

Coley better than Chaney? Now way that's true. People got on to Chaney after his first yr. on the job, which coincided with Smart's first yr., but the offense was much better in yr. #2 under him. They won the SEC, & played for the national championship that yr. UGA also had 2 RB's rush for over 1,000 yds. for 2 yrs. in a row, with Chubb & Michel doing so in 2017, & Swift & Holyfield doing it in 2018. The offense dropped way off after Chaney left & Coley took over. That's the reason they didn't keep Coley, & they ended up bringing Monken in.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He certainly moves around a lot. Max two years any one place, one year most. Seems he is on his way to a head coaching gig and Kirby is another rung in the ladder. He is good at DBC and seems to be an exceptional recruiter.

Good hire, Kirby.