Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jamie Newman opens up more on decision to leave Georgia football

2»

Comments

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
  • Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 276 ✭✭✭ Junior

Reading Jamie Newman stories makes about as much sense as a Dawg fan asking for "more cowbells!" at a game with those "other" bulldogs.

• Options
    okcdawgokcdawg Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

Just what we need - another article about this guy who we rolled out the red carpet for only to have him quit 2 weeks b4 opening day. Disgusted with myself for clicking on it. Won't happen again.

• Options
    bskelley88bskelley88 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Hey, Mike, do you have to take a breath mint after writing these articles? I'm just wondering how you get the taste of Newman's member out of your mouth.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Man, I've been pretty irritated about these articles in the past, but the more the story unfolds the more I feel its relevant. Kirby has taken so much heat for how he manages his QB room... well this is proof in the pudding that he just might know what the heck he's doing!!! Newman doesn't seem to have gotten any better since he left Wake. It's becoming more and more clear as this all unfolds that he ran away from UGA due to competition, nothing else. I'm just saying whether some of you hate the kid or not, this is relevant news that many people want. Just don't click on it if your gonna gripe and groan. :)

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike, here you go again. Newman never was a bulldog. You have to tell by the response you're getting from the DawNation that we don't care about the opt-outs. They're gone, they're quitters and there is little if any interest in them from DawgNation. There's got to be something else going on in Athens that we'd enjoy hearing about.

• Options
    SteelerDawgSteelerDawg Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

Be a journalist and ask him if he got covid being away from the team.

• Options
    DawgByteDawgByte Posts: 416 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Newman left the team TWICE in 2020. I have zero interest in his NFL interviews or where he's drafted. He is not a Georgia Bulldog in spite of what he thinks or others say.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This will be my final word on Jamie Newman. After you cut through all the BS, Newman quit because he was not going to increase his NFL stock by riding the bench. He didn't want NFL teams to see that. So he quit. It is the same thing as when a politician leaves office because he is about to get thrown out. Avoid all the drama and move on. Buh-bye, Jamie.

• Options

My dad fought on the front lines in Germany in WWII. He said when you were in the foxhole you better have 100% confidence in the guy hunkering down beside you and know he'll have your back no matter what. Let's just say there are certain people I wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Seriously? The point of this article is to make ME feel bad that HE quit?

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Griffith/Newman man crush continues! Reply STOP to discontinue receiving Wake Forest updates!