Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: UGA must get the most out of Brock Vandagriff and Gunner Stockton

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: UGA must get the most out of Brock Vandagriff and Gunner Stockton

Georgia signed 5-star quarterback Brock Vandagriff in the 2021 cycle. This was a huge win for Georgia, given some of the quarterback issues the program had in 2020 and 2019 as well. Then on Thursday, the Bulldogs brought in another 5-star quarterback, as Gunner Stockton committed to Georgia. Related: Georgia football

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2021

Carson Beck is a sleeper too. Don't forget, he was "Mr. Football" in Florida. Although, there is absolutely no possible way all three of these players are in an UGA uniform at the same time!

• vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

There is absolutely no bad side to Gunner committing to UGA. Five stars want to compete. That's why they come to UGA. Mac Jones is living proof that sitting behind great players is not all bad.

• vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think Carson Beck has a voice in all this. He may not of had that 5th star, but that kid can play.

• TimbosoTimboso Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman
    edited January 2021

There’s at least a 75 percent chance Kirby figures out the worst possible way to manage the next three years of QBs. Didn’t give Fields a fighting chance to play. Kept Daniels on the bench until the season was basically over. Just like almost everything else Georgia will figure out a way to get the least possible production out of this wealth of talent.

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I know, I know, you're all getting tired of me but just one last word on the QB frenzy. And I honestly hope - though I know he'd never say it - this puts a little MJ (remember how Michael used to find something, even if it was conjured up, to motivate him for big games) in the craw of JT Daniels.

Love the new kids coming to town and love the flashy stats and such from GA high school football. But just a word. NONE of these guys were named the High School Player of the Year (regardless of position) or won a National Championship playing a National all-come schedule.

Last note, and then I'm seriously going to shut up and just come back in the Spring. With all the hoopla about stats for both of our new QB's, just remember: JT didn't play his senior year at Mater Dei and still finished with over 12,000 yards, 152 TDs and 14 Ints.

He was allowed to "call plays" as a Junior (1st and last, in Mater Dei history) and as a junior (his last year) threw for over 4,000 yds and 62 TDs, in addition to wining the Player of the Year and Gatorade Male Athlete of the Year awards.

If he'd played his Sr. year, there wouldn't be a H.S. record in the US that he didn't crush. So, while we're welcoming the "next great thing" x 2, let's not lose the love for the guy we have.

I predict we are going to see why he broke all of Matt Barkley's records in California. And why he was the starting QB for USC as a 17 year old (year early) freshman.

I'm done. And I will endure the fallout - this is a fan blog after all. I guess I'm just really excited for this coming year, and for this kid, to show what he never got to finish at USC. We DAWGS are starting to love us some WCoast dudes aren't we?!

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agree and actually see Carson as the heir to JT. We love the shiny new objects. Carson was pretty shiny at one time and nothing's changed, other than the fickle winds of us fan boys. He was probably the best QB on the field the last Spring game when we had a Spring game. Speaking of some extra fire in the belly....

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT's HS film is a thing of beauty. Quite the runner also, before he banged up his knee, hope that come back for him this season.

I've watched a lot of HS QB film over the years, and from what I've seen Gunner just makes some ridiculous throws. Every 4-5 star will have throws where he hits his receiver in stride when he's wide open for a 55 yard TD.

Watch Gunner's film where he is under duress and on the run and throws it 60+ yards to a covered receiver in the back of the end-zone where only his guy could get to it. Not just once in a lifetime either. Seems to have a knack for it.

Who does that? Who throws 40 yard seeds? They don't grow on trees.