Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Congratulations Dylan Fairchild

AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Won state 7A heavyweight title for second straight year. Probably redshirt in 2021 and be a beast in 2022.

Comments

• donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dang, his left leg seems way shorter than his right. Hope that doesn't affect his hip fluidity. /s

• emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think that Fairchild is gonna b an absolute beast and a 3 year starter at Georgia after likely taking a RS this year. He'll probably send a couple of guys to the Portal as well which is the downside but he's big, physical, nasty and athletic and once he gets in a College S&C program and gets coached up technically he's gonna take 1 of those Guard spots in 2022.

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That is just impressive as it gets, if he can transfer those skills to the football field I almost feel sorry for the defenses that will face him....almost .

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

was he offered any wrestling scholarships to any reputable wrestling schools?

• donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good question. All of the clips of him seem to be against much smaller guys. Don't know enough about wrestling to evaluate his skills/techniques. What he does clearly works well at his current level. Would love to know how college/Olympic coaches evaluate him as a wrestler. I know he shows a "mean streak" which I assume will help him a lot on the gridiron.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2021

@tfk_fanboy @donmedeiros

At least according to one service, he's ranked 13th nationally in the heavyweight division, but I imagine he will move up in the final rankings based on his state championship run.

Interestingly, it's another Georgia kid, Chase Horne, a junior from West Laurens (AAAA), who's ranked #1 in the country. He's apparently committed to NC State (for wrestling, not football.)