Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Latest NCAA decision to extend on-campus recruiting dead period hits hard

SystemSystem Posts: 10,538 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Latest NCAA decision to extend on-campus recruiting dead period hits hard

The NCAA just extended its recruiting dead period for all on-campus recruiting visits to meet with a potential future coaching staff for another six weeks. What does that mean for the top targets for Georgia football in the 2022 recruiting cycle?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why not just have the kids tested the day before they meet? All this isn't going away any time soon. It's all about Demy control. In the meantime all these kids will be bustin a move in Fla come spring break,

• Options
    Dawgbreath40Dawgbreath40 Posts: 54 ✭ Freshman

Is anyone really surprised by this?

The NCAA, my goodness.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Commitments meant very little in previous years. There were always many high profile de-commits. Now with the COVID dead period, commitments are virtually worthless. As soon as the dead period is lifted, my bet is virtually all verbally committed players, whether announced or not, will reopen their recruitment to take advantage of their official visits.

For Kirby to finish in the top five this year with the dead period is remarkable. Without the dead period UGA will go toe to toe with Bama for the top spot!

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

These guys can get out there and bust heads in spring practice, can get in each other’s grill playing games but the NCAA deems it unsafe to go on campus in a controlled environment for these young men to make an informed decision.

NCAA is just a total hot mess and has been for decades!! I hope I live long enough to see the day they get kicked to the curb!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's a mess, if you are considering a D2 or D3 school to play football this fall you can take in school visits to help you make up your mind. If you are good enough in your talent of football and you want to play for a D1 school, the NCAA has put restrictions on any visits to a D1 school by extending the so called dead period. In my thinking of this I have declared the NCAA as the "Dead as What's Wrong With College Football Period". They really stink.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

And folks wonder why the Power 5 has looked at ditching the NCAA.......times have changed, leave the NCAA ASAP!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The NCAA is saving lives, lol! Something has to change. The insanity continues.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

NCAA = Nasty, Crazy, Anol, Anoses. Pardon my French, but its use is so apropos.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So are Biology, and Pre-med scholarship candidate students allowed to visit prospective schools and talk to professors? If so, then what's the difference between those kids and parents and the kids vying for athletic scholarships?

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All one can do is scratch their head and ask What ?? This decision makes Zero sense. This is just hurting these players and their families emotionally for really nothing . They would be much safer on their visits than countless places they can go now, Including many of the High Schools for goodness sake !! NCAA needs to get back in touch with reality on this !!