Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Bulldog Isaiah Wilson tweets, then deletes 'Im done with football as a Titan'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageFormer Bulldog Isaiah Wilson tweets, then deletes 'Im done with football as a Titan'

Isaiah Wilson has not gotten off to a good start in his NFL career. The talented former Bulldog tweeted, and then deleted, that he was done playing football for the Tennessee Titans on Monday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Technically, you have to start before you can finish. What a waste of talent.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DIdn't this guy used to be like the model player? Do things right? Or were we misled?

• Options
    Roman13Roman13 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Appears to be another Baker who does not have a clue what it takes to be a grown man. Such a waste of God given talent.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I just don't understand what goes through a young man's mind, like Wilson. So much promise, so much talent!! Sometimes these kids come from crime-ridden neighborhoods infested with gangs. They have a hard time leaving this lifestyle behind and when they become successful, they still have the same friends from the "Hood". These friends drag them back into bad habits. I'm sure these "friends" will help him spend his $6M real fast.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Could've had it all but chose the wrong path..what a true waste of talent. Hopefully, he gets his life back on track. If not, it'll be a hard life by constantly making bad choices.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

I do not disagree, but what if Baker make a comeback with an organization of KCs caliber? I think it can happen and I think Deondre can be a good corner. Same with Wilson, needs some medication and professional help, the talent is not going away.

• Options

Ok, got him confused with Andrew Thomas. Whew! That would be a character flip.

Where's his parents?

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's almost shocking to see how chaotic Wilson's post college career has been going when compared to how seamless it was when he was at UGA. It's almost always the opposite if there's personal issues. I hope he can take a breath and get it together. Learn from this adversity, don't let it **** you down.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm going to take a different approach and rather than condemn him for bad decisions; simply hope that he comes around in time to play the game where he once excelled.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I Pray this young man gets the right people around him fast. going from a broke college kid to a millionaire might have been to much to handle for him. temptation is an animal out there but i pray he can reset and get it back in line. He didn't kill anyone, he is just making bad decisions!

• Options
    vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

He was truly hurt by COVID and the lack of NFL training camp and in person training prior to the NFL season. He was a young man with a huge bank account with a lot of spare time on his hands. I think he needs to be in a locker room that puts a lot of pressure on him and holds him accountable for his actions. Hopefully, he'll mature enough to have a successful NFL career.

• Options

At least all those bills lying around everywhere appeared to be 1 dollar bills.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe it's what @GardenDawg said, he needs some help and medication. If he was a midwestern wife hooked on painkillers, we'd be rewriting federal laws, not to imprison or ridicule, but to "get him the help he so badly needs." The kid obviously has some issues going on in his life and instead of castigating him and condemning him because he no longer plays for UGA, how about offering words of help, solace and compassion. When UGA football players clearly break the law in Athens, UGA fans are quick to blame the police and the UGA administration for not letting "kids be kids," and claim that they're "out to get" the athletes. But the minute those same kids leave UGA and step the slightest bit out of line, they're "****," "lazy," and wannabe gang members. And God forbid they happen to be Black athletes. Isaiah Wilson is struggling. It could be drugs, or alcohol or mental health or God knows what. But instead of our derision, he needs our prayers and support.

• Options

We may have to look at the culture also. Young Black culture(generally) glorifies money, sex ,bling, and violence. Pull into any Walmart and listen to what people of color are listening to. Gangsta Rap. Also, a few poor white dudes. I can only imagine that for poor, disenfranchised young black men (and it crosses over to some degree)that the music and videos associated with that culture are so appealing. "Hey, I'm getting mine." I am somebody. I'm just like the rappers on the videos everyone's watching. Just look at my video. This s#$t is real!

The video shot of him with the money tossed around and the hoes dancing, the party boat, liquor shots on the table lined up, it looks like a production you might see for a gangsta rap song. That is living the "dream." And after that get's preached every day of a young black man's life that this is what success looks like, what's he supposed to do? We all know the answer, you get your head out of your rear and you realize it's a lie you've been sold, and you bought in. That's a tough pill to swallow, but it has to be done, or else we all know what follows.