Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH Mel Tucker: How championship teams get over the hump

SystemSystem Posts: 10,493 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageWATCH Mel Tucker: How championship teams get over the hump

Former Georgia assistant coach Mel Tucker understands the challenges and dynamics involved with winning national titles, and he shared them on DawgNation

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree mostly with what Mel is saying beyond the obvious recruiting aspect. The Dawgs must win the close games (and not blow leads over opponents and end up losing the games), AND they need to figure out how to win the games they MUST win to make it to the playoffs and play for a Natty. Smart also has to be willing to make the hard decisions and adjustments in-game as needed in a timely manner and not wait until it is too late. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

UGA needs to press the gas pedal and not stop. I do not care if it is 100-0!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The new flavor in football is wide open offense, scores in the 50's and 60's. The last two National Champs had those wide open offenses. Score, then score again and again, they didn't worry about playing defense so much, they just won by outscoring everyone. Will Kirby let Todd Monken run such an offense? I hope he does, but I have my doubts about this, after all Kirby loves defense. He would be happy if the Dawgs won every game 7-0. To win a Natty, the teams that won it became a scoring machine.