Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Evaulating year 1 of Scott Cochran at UGA and what his impact will be going forward

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited February 2021 in Article commenting
imageEvaulating year 1 of Scott Cochran at UGA and what his impact will be going forward

Scott Cochran has officially served as Georgia's special teams coordinator for over a year now. His arrival was one of the more high-profile hiring under Kirby Smart. So how did Cochran help Georgia football in 2020 and how might he continue to do so going forward?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jake Camarda was one of the best punters statistic wise in the country. But give me someone who is more consistent and kicks it 5 yards less per punt. Give me the guy that I know won't shank a punt at a crucial time in a crucial game. Sadly he is known for that. Done it more than a couple of times. Same for FG kickers, give me the guy who is going to win the game for you, but may not have quite the percentage as the guy who does, but misses crucial kicks.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

He did make a phone call to get a Barber to the new facility......I think it will work out!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just my humble opinion, but way to early to make any realistic grade on Coach Cochran. Now at the end of regular And post season play This year and into 2022, Then to me that would give a more accurate picture. I think he’s gonna end up More than earning his pay in the long haul. He’s a hard working dedicated sort of person. I can easily imagine him spending Allot of time watching game film, conversing in deep football talk with other coaches and just learning all he can. And I’m easily sure he projects allot of energy and enthusiasm on the field in practices and in games . Unless he shows me something that is significantly to the contrary I’m gonna believe he was a good get for the Dawgs !!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think Coach Yeah will be great for the program. Especially once he can get on the road.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Come on Connor, Mel Tucker is another assistant coach under Kirby who is now a head coach, he is the HC of Michigan State.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think coach Cochran did an admirable job in his first year, and especially without the benefit of Spring practice.

It will only get better in 2021, and he will be a great recruiter. Win, win for UGA.