Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart shares Georgia football offensive philosophy with George Pickens sidelined

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited March 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart shares Georgia football offensive philosophy with George Pickens sidelined

Georgia coach Kirby Smart shared his vision of how the Bulldogs' offense will handle the loss of George Pickens, who suffered an ACL injury earlier this week

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m not saying he will and I’m not saying he won’t but I wish Demetrius Robertson would have an explosive break out year. This is a Huge opportunity for him (and others) to show up Big. I don’t claim to know what the problem is with him but could it be a confidence issue ?? If it is perhaps if he could make some good plays against even some of the lower echelon teams early in the season then if confidence is the problem maybe that could jump start him to play out the remainder of the season And post season in a big way . I had high hopes for this young man when he came to UGA and I haven’t given up on him. But this is his last chance to shine at the college level. I wish him and All our Dawgs a great 2021/2022 campaign. Wish you the best George Pickens, get well soon young man, God Bless You !!

• Options
    SAVDGDSAVDGD Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Drob appears to shy away from contact compared to other more physical guys. I would just like him to realize he can hit guys and take some hits and possibly go pro, or just be average.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep. If he has any ambitions of going pro he really needs to put it all on the field this year. And it needs to be 110% to catch the eyes of the scouts as the rest of his work has been average. I agree with you time for him to get big time physical !! Let’s hope he does we need him and his future with football after college needs him !!

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

LOL, ok Kirby, the offense may have "experience operating without him"... but what it does not have experience PRODUCING and winning games without him. The two games we played without him last year, we either got blown out or our defense and RBs won for us.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

YES, Lots of offensive weapons besides Pickens in our arsenal...up to Monken and Kirby to figure out the best way to get those guys setup into playmaking opportunities...

The best offensive teams last year (Bama, Clemson, OSU) used a LOT of motion and eye candy on offense to confuse the defense - almost every single play. I expect us to ramp that kind of thing up.