Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jake Fromm's job as Buffalo Bills' No. 3 QB may be in jeopardy

SystemSystem Posts: 10,671 admin
edited April 2021 in Article commenting
imageJake Fromm's job as Buffalo Bills' No. 3 QB may be in jeopardy

Jake Fromm, who is only one year removed from UGA, faces a tough challenge ahead to win the No. 3 quarterback job again with the NFL’s Buffalo Bills. In the offseason, it first appeared that an opportunity may open up for Fromm in Buffalo, as the Bills decided they weren’t bringing back the No. 2 QB, Matt Barkley.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hope he makes it.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To me Buffalo always seemed like an odd place for Fromm to land.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Come south me boy!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited April 2021
    1. Fromm and his parents made a huge mistake turning pro after a well below average Junior campaign.
    2. Not believing and trusting Kirby would hire a top notch Offensive Coordinator prior to the date Juniors must decide if there staying or leaving was just not an irrational decision but a lifetime financial blunder of epic proportions.

Fromm's days are numbered in Buffalo and Fromm's days are numbered playing football...

• Options

Jake got the most out of his talent level he could. We were sort of led to believe he might go 1st round or mid to upper 2nd round. The NFL evaluators got it right it would appear. He had a disasterous Pro-Day by most accounts. They took one look at is arm strength and crossed him off their lists. The owner of the BIlls basically took a flyer on him or else he goes undrafted.

Think about it, BAMA has had or will have 3 QB's go either 1st or 2nd round in the last couple of years. 2 in the 1st and 1-Hurts in the 2nd. We had a 1st rounder but he transferred away because Kirby over valued the 5th rounder Fromm. . Say what you like, I don't care, I didn't even push for Fields to start over Jake, but the fact is, Kirby decided to go with the less talented guy. It looks a little skewed.

Jake was a very good college QB but Fields will be a 1st round NFL pick, those don't grow on trees and CKS has to be held responsible on some level for that.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,932 mod

Going to transition into the CFL, coaching, or insurance sales.

Don’t ding him too much for leaving early, Monken didn’t want him.

• Options

If that's true, that's telling.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 176 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fromm won't see the field as long as he is in Buffalo unless there is a wipe out scenario with injuries and COVID with the Bills. The head coach remarked that Fromm was drafted for his brain and to help prepare Allen to play every week. The only chance Fromm has of seeing the field is leaving Buffalo and finding another organization that will give him a chance to demonstrate what he can do.

I find it hard to believe Monken wanted Stetson Bennett over Fromm knowing Mathis and Beck wouldn't be ready to play.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,932 mod
  • Options

May be some revisionist history going on here. Newman didn't commit to UGA until after Fromm declared for the draft. Knowing Kirby's avoidance of wanting a QB controversy( see not letting Fields get into many games and winging it around) I don't believe if Jake said I'm coming back, that CKS would have created one by taking Newman. Newman was always a back up plan if Jake opted out IMO. My recollection of what was said during the time after the bowl game and draft declaration day, KIrby said he tried everything he could to get Jake to stay. I don't buy the "Mnken didn't want him."