Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers following 2021 G-Day

SystemSystem Posts: 10,445 admin
edited April 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers following 2021 G-Day

The Georgia football program wrapped up spring practice on Saturday with its G-Day scrimmage. A number of players stood out, while some did have their struggles.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

truly very early but it is amazing how we recruit well on the O line but don't seem able to convert those essential 3rd and 4th down short yardage situations. Makes a big difference when you are playing a top tier team.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Our offensive linemen were split up into 2 groups for the G-Day game. Over the summer, they will compete for the starting lineup and the best of that group will wind up as a very good offensive line. We've got the players and the coaches and four months to improve. Let's go!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, just play keep away with the Big 0. I suspect he'll big a part of our offense this year.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hard to put too much stock in these types of scrimmages. You get glimpses here and there. How many times in Camarda going to be kicking FG's? Hopefully, never.

Would it be a good thing if our jumbled O-Line for the moment was able to manhandle our strength in the D-Line? No! I'm glad the D-Line looked better than the O-line. They should. And they will push the O-line to get better.

At this point what does it matter how Brock looked? From a physical stand point the guy is a beast. He's an imposing looking QB, he has a cannon for an arm but at this moment in time how he looked yesterday terms of performance is irrelevant. He threw 2-3 passes that I couldn't even tell who his receiver was.

Our RB's are all serviceable, kind of guys but I don't see a true Homerun hitter in the group, with the possible exception of McIntosh, when healthy.

I really like Bowers, he has a chance to see action quickly. Not sure what's going on with Sether, did he catch a pass? He looked really good coming out of HS.

JT is the man and I could easily see Stetson going in if JT were to get injured. I think Kirby would have more trust in him, but with summer camp, who knows, maybe Beck edges Stetson out. The ball just comes out of Beck's hand really nice.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Washington is a beast! He continues to roll and impress. He could be the difference maker in our offense and needs to be targeted many times per game. Impossible to cover, athletic, and good luck trying to tackle him!

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

This team will only be as good as the offensive line. In most games because how weak the schedule is it will not be a huge problem. There will be a couple of games when the o line will determine the outcome.