Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Devonte Wyatt perfectly shows why Georgia football defensive line is a strength

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited April 2021 in Article commenting
imageDevonte Wyatt perfectly shows why Georgia football defensive line is a strength

Devonte Wyatt is not the most well-known or celebrated name on Georgia's defensive line. He was not the 5-star prospect that Travon Walker or Jalen Carter were in the recruiting process. Nor does he make the obvious impact that Jordan Davis does in the middle of the defense. But he showed on G-Day why he's a

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have been saying for months that the teams success this season will be due to the strength of the O-line or the lack thereof. Everyone knows or should that it is a work in progress.

Who in their right mind thought they would dominate our stout D-line so soon? Hopefully no one, but that doesn't mean by the time the Clemson game rolls around that they won't be ready. If coach Luke is worth his salt, they will. If not, and we struggle against the better teams to run(can't gain 100 yards a game rushing) then we need another Coach.

I watched BAMAs spring game and their O-Line IMO was significantly better than their D-Line. There were 3-4 runs where backs had huge gaps to get to the 2nd level and no one hit the RB before they had gained 5 yards.

I don't know what that means for them, but I can see their fans bemoaning their defense. Do you really think BAMA won't have another good defense? It seriously means nothing at this point other than one side is slightly ahead of the other.

I think we all knew which side that would be for UGA.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA has an awesome defense.....I agree with Devonte. Not many, if any, offenses can withstand 4 Qtrs. of UGA's massive front line.

• Options
    dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Scooped up a Brock Vandagriff...” Fumble? The whole guy? Do you even proofread these articles before you put them out there? Are you a journalism major?

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m know they are giving Ratledge an opportunity to start, but what has happened to Clay Webb? Didn’t he want to play guard and very talented coming out of HS?

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Webb was indeed the highest rated Center in the Nation, a 5-Star! Is he a complete bust? Why do we not ever hear about him ? He is either a Junior or Senior this year. What gives DN?