Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football offensive line the biggest concern for Clemson opener

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited April 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football offensive line the biggest concern for Clemson opener

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Offensive line to be the Georgia football bigger concern in season-opener against Clemson Coming out of spring

Read the full story here

Comments

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Knowing we have Clemson first on our schedule...it's scary, but it should also be a great motivator.

I watched some of the Clemson spring game yesterday. They looked ahead of us in their readiness. More "crisp." However, there are months of opportunities to improve before we have to actually be ready to play them.

Our offensive line looks to have a long way to go. I believe the group is capable of achieving its goals. I hope they take a look at the Clemson spring game highlights to see what their first test will be like. On the other hand, it's not like the dudes they see across the line of scrimmage in practice are much different from the Clemson defensive line.

Wonder what Larry Munson would say about the Clemson game and our line.

Go, Dawgs!

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Who else in America has more riches in their locker room? The Dawgs have about 45 Stars attached to their top 10 offensive linemen in their O-Line Room. If UGA coaches can't come up with 5 guys that make up a Top 5 O-Line in 2021, Georgia might as well fire the whole staff lol.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA defense needs to come out and slobber-knock the Clemson offense early on and give our offense time to get it's footing. Remember the Clemson-LSU game?

Clemson's defense came out and made a statement early and for a moment looked like they had figured something out against Burrow and company. But Joe and Co. were unflappable and kept doing what they knew they could do and it was the most remarkable swing in momentum in any game I've ever seen. Game was over at half -time.

Clemson will no doubt come out strong on defense and try to demoralize us on offense. Hopefully JT and Co. will keep doing what they know they can do, and in the end we will prevail.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No reason whatsoever we shouldn't have a top O-line with all the talent as said below. Get-r-done.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Munson would say, "Get the picture now, Georgia is being dominated by the Clemson Tigers. Our midget offensive line can't block, those huge guys on Clemson's defensive line is in the Dogs backfield on every play. I bet you those Tigers average 7 foot in height and each one can run a 100 YD. dash in 9 seconds. The QB, I think has been sacked 30 times, they can't run the ball, I think they have gained about 6 inches rushing the ball, can Herschel suit up one more time? They are going to have to Hunker Down to pull this game out. If they can win it by a miracle, there is going to be some destruction in Charlotte tonight

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA still searching for its 5 best offensive linemen...Clemson has theirs and is clicking as Jim Wallace mentioned below. Ahead of UGA in "readiness." Can UGA catch up? Certainly. UGA has the talent and supposedly the coaching to field a staunch front line. The names:

Salyer....McClendon....Ericson....Shaffer....Truss (alternates-Ratledge, Van Pran, Jones, Mims).

Use this as the core unit and station them on the line....until the glove fits. Clemson will be refining while UGA is still fitting. Decide and make it work...coaches. You have essentially the summer to do it. Clemson is well coached. Many of their players are returnees. UGA seems always to be trying to "get better:" and unsure of the "fit." You have the pieces UGA...put together the puzzle and get on with it!! There is no time to keep "fitting." You can do this Coach Smart. et al. I know you can.

• Dawgbreath40Dawgbreath40 Posts: 54 ✭ Freshman
    edited April 2021

We fans have been telling you this for two weeks @ConnorRiley

And where have you been?

all you wanna write about is Pickens, or Mitchell, or some other happenstance that doesn’t reflect the reality of what Dawg fans saw on the field during G day or does not even matter because they won’t be playing versus Clemson or any other regular season game in 2021.

🤦‍♂️🤯🤷‍♂️