Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

NFL analyst ‘pounding the table’ in support of drafting Richard Lecounte

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited April 2021 in General
imageNFL analyst ‘pounding the table’ in support of drafting Richard Lecounte

Georgia safety Richard LeCounte is hoping to hear his name called during the NFL draft despite having his senior season cut short due to injury.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope Richard will get to realize his dream to play in the NFL. He is very lucky to be alive after his motorcycle accident. I don’t think most people realize how close he came to a truly tragic ending to his Bulldog career. I am sorry we didn’t get to see him go out on top but he will always be a DGD. Hopefully the Falcons will draft him and we can still see him in Red and Black! Lord knows the Birds can use a real Dawg in their secondary...

• DaddyMackDaddyMack Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

Man, if you're a CFB athlete with the real potential to advance to the NFL and be a high-level athlete... the word motorcycle shouldn't exist in your vocabulary and should be avoided until you've retired from the sport! Same for 4wheelers, 3wheelers, mopeds, scooter ... anything where circumstances beyond your control could quickly and easily end your dreams of playing in the NFL or could severely diminish what you would of probably made financially had you not been "careless" just don't do it! Richard is an intelligent guy but jumping on a motorcycle that wasn't street legal and had no lights is about tha dumbest thing I've ever heard of! Like Saban said - once you enter the draft they're looking for reasons NOT to take you!!!

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Richard will be the steal of the draft for some team. I could see someone taking a shot at him in Rd 3. Seems like that guy that 10 years from now could still be in the league.

• BangersBangers Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2021

I am sure he has some regrets about that night - it definitely wasnt a wise decision in hind site but I did a lot of dumb things when I was in college (and even after college when I got a wild hair). I cant blame him for wanting to cut loose a little, and I believe a life lived in fear is not a life well lived. Sh!t happens, but thankfully he is okay and will be okay - he is gonna be a great pro regardless of what round he is drafted in.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Richard may go on to become a Hall of Fame NFL player. I hope so. But I honestly believe that he, above perhaps anyone else, would have greatly benefited from coming back to UGA for that "free" senior year. He would have the chance to get the best care from Ron Courson and his staff, which would allow his body to get stronger; he would come into the year as not only a leader for the Bulldogs and our secondary, but also a top candidate for Thorpe Award and possibly even the Heisman. Some NFL team will likely take a chance on him in the third or fourth round, but then I think the vestiges of that injury are going to rear its **** head during training camp and he winds up on someone's taxi squad, instead of playing his senior year in Athens and (very likely) being a high first-round pick next year. We'll see how it plays out. I'm pulling for him. Go Dawgs!

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You don't think NFL teams have great sports medicine teams that would rival Courson and help LeCounte and any other player out? LeCounte was always going to get knocked for his straight line speed and for being a little undersized (therefore his ceiling would always be round 2 at the absolute max, probably round 3), and he isn't going to improve his speed/height by coming back another year. His 40 time and size are what they are at this point. Scouts just need to turn on the actual football tape and see that he plays like a 4.4 guy.