Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 things: Georgia in NFL draft more than meets eye, Bulldogs burgeoning

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited April 2021 in General
image3 things: Georgia in NFL draft more than meets eye, Bulldogs burgeoning

Georgia football is producing much more talent and volume for the NFL than it appears

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The players at Bama are all in and it's paying huge dividends. They stay for their Senior Season become more NFL ready and win National Championships along the way. I wish the Dawgs could see the obvious advantages of staying for their Senior Season. But unfortunately families and agents get in to their heads and their dreams of being day one picks just go up in smoke. That's a shame.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have to agree 2022 draft should be a bumper year. All the players you listed have the potential to be drafted, some on day one. My only concern is what comes after them. Is it a reload or a rebuild?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've been urging players(doubt they read these articles) that if they aren't projected to go in the 1st 2 rounds then why not come back and improve your rankings if you have eligibility left for some time now. Some who have eligibility left and arent' going to be picked even in the top 3-4 rounds and they leave anyway is a head scratcher.

• Options
    rsloanrsloan Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

How did you forget to list OG/OT Jamaree Salyer on your list of possible/likely 2022 NFL draft picks?????

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The two prime examples of what everyone is saying are Richard LeCounte and DJ Daniel both of whome have left a lot of money on the table by not returning. Richard is obviously not recovered from his motorcycle accident. DJ who did not play much because of injuries in 2020 would be the starter at one of the corner back positions for a National Championship contenders.

• Options
    DawgGirl96DawgGirl96 Posts: 359 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Finally LeCounte! Joining Chubb in Cleveland. Congrats!! So excited to watch you be a DGD in NFL!

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Richard LeCount's senior season is a heartbreaking story, yet one entirely self afflicted. He was on the path to a great season, and made a bizarre decision. He may never get his speed and agility back.

All comparisons between UGA's and Alabama's football programs should just stop here now, in DawgNation. Please. It seemed UGA was narrowing the gap at the end of '17, and even in the SECCG in '12. But to get compared to the best, you have to beat the best, sometime. Truth is, Kirby Smart is no closer to getting over the hump right now, than Coach Richt was in his first 5 years. Richt couldn't beat UF - hell he lost to 5 UF head coaches! Kirby can't beat Saban, or (apparently Ed Orgeron). But Saban just keeps on, no matter what his recruiting class is ranked, no matter who his assistants are. He wins.

• Options
    ZbulldawgZbulldawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hopefully some of our players will began to understand sometimes it's best for the team and for themselves to stay another year. Like you pointed out Mike. Bama's players made a lot more money by staying another year. Is it what Kirby said that sometimes the players think they are better than they really are or is it family pushing them to make the move or both ? About half of the list you made of players who could leave are underclassman. But when your team is coming off of a Natty it's hard not to cash in. But also if you don't have key players staying it's hard to win a Natty. I believe that Trey Hill, DJ Daniels, Campbell, Mark Webb and LeCount because of his injury all should stayed. Number one it would have been a good chance to get a Natty and improve their draft stock big time ! Go Dawgs

• Options
    ZbulldawgZbulldawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

I would like to see a rule passed if you didn't get drafted as a underclassman you could return for another season. It makes me ill when I think of players like Trenton Thompson and what he has gone through because bad advice !