Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What we learned about Georgia football and the transfer portal this week

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited May 2021 in Article commenting
imageWhat we learned about Georgia football and the transfer portal this week

A look at how the latest news from the transfer portal has impacted the Georgia football program.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Only four months before minor league football will be coming to a college football stadium near you.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

The NCAA should mandate a grace period on when athletes can enter the transfer portal so that it do not challenge a team rosters. They have schedule dates for recruiting periods, on site visits, and signing day, so the same should apply for a kid transferring.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2021

Expect the SEC to vote to allow transfers within the conference to play immediately. There's almost zero chance it will be otherwise from what I have read. This may ultimately change the nature of the game and create more of a gap between the haves and the have not teams. I don't see this as a good thing for college football at all, but I do understand that players want to play - not sit on a bench or play 2nd or third string if they are deserving of better.

We've thrown college academics for "student athletes" further out the window in college football with this and the NIL move.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I disagree with the any narrative that we need a wide receiver. If I were a good CB that wasn't getting enough playing time, I would enter the portal and pray to end up at UGA, like yesterday.