Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: Former Alabama DB Brandon Turnage commits to UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2021 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Former Alabama DB Brandon Turnage commits to UGA

DawgNation's daily pulse on UGA recruiting from Jeff Sentell

Read the full story here

Comments

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome aboard

• DeppDawgDeppDawg Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

His field vision and situational awareness are (at least on the tape) exceptional. I don't care about his receiver tape - he's a DB all day. Mostly, I'm impressed with his game IQ. All to be determined but I don't think he's a safety. Sorry Alabama. This player is a corner. I'd like to see him ALWAYS player with less cushion (but same is true of UGA across the board - not sure where Kirby learned that) but when he closes. he's decisive and very quick.

I like it. We'll wee how it turns out. But I have a feeling he was in the wrong position group (sorry Nick - you're not perfect).

• JackJack Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

Alabama liked him now Georgia likes him. I'd say that he is in a very small group of players that elite programs want on their team! Welcome!!!

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is a win for both the player and Kirby. For Kirby it addresses a position of need For the player he moves up the depth chart. Since much of what Kirby does on defense is copied from Saban the transition should not be too difficult. I see him making a positive contribution.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like the Positive comments I’ve read here about this young man. I hope the 6’1” is accurate or even taller would be even better. I love CB’s that are tall but pretty fast and very athletic !! Welcome to Dawg Nation !! Go Dawgs !!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He has very good open field speed. Good height, athleticism. Should contribute fairly quickly at UGA. I say, Bama's loss.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He had 2 years of going up against 4+ 1st rd WR's in practice every day. Invaluable experience equivalent to an advanced degree in DB.

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

I do think he will contribute. I do not see this as a Bama loss. Their defensive secondary is stacked for this season and next. They do a better job in developing secondary players than Kirby.