Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

“X” marks spot where Arik Gilbert could set tone in Georgia football offense

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
image“X” marks spot where Arik Gilbert could set tone in Georgia football offense

ATHENS — The Georgia football offense will be a whole lot more dangerous with Arik Gilbert on the field.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited June 2021

Things can change in a hurry in either direction with the transfer portal. It wasn't too long ago, I was in the doldrums over the losses of Stevenson and Johnson, along with the awful news about Pickens' ACL tear. Fast forward to June 1 and this team looks primed to make a run at an SEC Championship and a National Championship in 2021. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BkDawgBkDawg Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

Its good to have a big body receiver to make plays. However, with Gilbert coming it might mean this will be Pickens last season at UGA

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bk,

Unfortunately, I think it was probably going to be Pickens last season so bummer that he got injured. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    TransplantedDawgTransplantedDawg Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think if Pickens doesn’t get hurt, he has a big year and was gone- although he has some growing up to do. Now, it’s probably Gilbert who is one and done, and hopefully Pickens can be back in shape for next year. Or one of the newer guys steps up, so you never know.

But the time is now- we can’t say we don’t have the talent anymore. It’s time for UGA to take that next step- jmo

Go Dawgs

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Its possible for Arik to be one and done, but he has a good family and he might need 2. However, we line him up in as WR and he explodes and get all the Pitts convo going, then yes I would hope he would jump to the next level.

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

He won’t be one and done he’s only a true sophomore. One more year still till eligible.