Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What-if: Applying 12-team CFP format, Georgia would have won national title, seen a lot of Oklahoma

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageWhat-if: Applying 12-team CFP format, Georgia would have won national title, seen a lot of Oklahoma

ATHENS — Georgia football history is full of “What-if” moments, the 2012 and 2017 seasons the most notable of late, the Bulldogs one play from a championship on both occasions.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nice Work, Mike! Looking back on that 2017 run, I'm assuming the Dawgs would NOT have had to travel to Pasadena (another MAJOR contributing factor), which most definitely would have helped. Also...perhaps they wouldn't have had to deal with those garbage refs like they did in the championship game. This might sound like sour grapes but I can't even re-watch the Final from that year. All of those OBVIOUS blown calls against UGA make me sick. But, even with all that stacked against the Dawgs, they still almost pulled it out.

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2021

If not for this or that, I'm well past caring what last year's excuse was. Bama makes it's own luck every year. If we've had bad luck, it really means we were not quite good enough to begin with.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Conclusion: Georgia did not have the run the game or the offensive line play necessary to adequately protect Daniels and win a championship.

anyone else god awful scared this will be us looking back on 2021?

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

You cannot compete for a national championship if you cannot make the final four. Making the final four has proven to be a hill too difficult for Kirby to climb. With forthcoming change Kirby should in most years have one of the best twelve teams in the nation.