Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Report: Demetris Robertson enters NCAA transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,445 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageReport: Demetris Robertson enters NCAA transfer portal

ATHENS — Georgia sixth-year senior Demetris Robertson has entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal, per AL.com.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dang….when it rains it pours! Not sure how much he was going to play anyway but certainly doesn’t help our depth!

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

That stinks, this coaching staff could never really figure out how to utilize him, lots of talent. Watch him go to UF and burn us a few times! Good luck to wherever he lands

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Our WR room is no longer mediocre…it’s pushing out anything less than elite. With Arik on board, at least one or two will be hitting the portal.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

All I know is we got ourselves a Freshman All-American transfer with 50 catches and 7 TDs and coached him down to a nobody. Andy Reid or Belichick will **** Demetris up next year in the draft and make him a star.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mmm well that's a no brainer for him to enter the portal. On the flip side I would trade Drob for Gilbert in a heartbeat.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He won’t burn us up. Couldn’t pick up the blocking game and just not physical enough for the SEC.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was excited to get DRob from Cal. The word was he shied away from blocking. He did seem to be able to be manhandled by SEC DB's He lacked physicality as a WR. One look at the picture of him in this article tells you a lot. That's a 22-24 yo SEC football player. His arms look like mine and I haven't touch a weight in 20 yrs. Good player who got recruited over. I wish him well.

• Options
    Ga_fan1969Ga_fan1969 Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

I hated to hear he was coming to play for Ga.

knowing he is leaving makes me happy

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

chronic under performer. Dropped too many passes and never could show us that “elite speed” everyone bragged on

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gosh I hated to see this. I was hoping that DRob was gonna have his best year of all his college time including while he was at Cal, as a Dawg This year. I wanted that for him and our beloved Dawgs. But not to be. I wish him the very best, except any times he’s playing against us. Must not have felt he could beat out some of the big names now at WR for targets. Oh well.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This just another sign of an improving roster - Receiver room. Robertson can go to plenty of teams and earn a starting position. That wasn't going to happen at Georgia.

Best of luck to him...

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2021

To Mike Griffith and DawgNation staff this is Not criticism, I know y’all can only feed us the info. that you have. This is off the topic for this article. But would you let us know as in depth as possible the current status of some of our injured Dawgs like Blaylock, Rosemy-JackSaint, Kenny Mc, and others. Also do you have any info. on how well George Pickens is coming along on his rehab ?? Thanks in advance !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    ChopperChopper Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank God this was scooped on TOS otherwise headline would have been “UGA WR Demetris Robertson......”

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Since Robertson had already transferred once, does he have to sit out a year? Is the new transfer rule retroactive, as far as Robertson is concerned?

• Options
    Clean_OF_HateClean_OF_Hate Posts: 175 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m assuming he’s a graduate transfer meaning he’s free to go anywhere and eligible to play immediately. Five years of college I would have hoped he earned his degree already.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There are too many better players at his position at Georgia. I don't blame him. Go someplace where you can play. You're just aren't good enough to compete here. Good luck to you.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Demetris has always been a ‘question mark’ for me. He arguably had the all-time greatest ego trip signing at the College Football Hall of Fame in front of national TV cameras. I remember the very muted applause when he selected the University of California cap. People were saying, “why the heck is he going to Cal”? I’m just shocked that he didn’t announce his plans to leave UGA at the NFL Hall of Fame. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck D-Rob! Third time may be the charm!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Keep transfering D-Rob, you'll get there eventually. It isn't the team. It is you who is not measuring up. UGA is doing fine. The best to you.